You will need:
- Big Shot
- Petal Cone Bigz Die
- Large Basic Pearls and Mini Glue Dots
- Crochet Trim
- Ribbon - I used Calypso Coral
- Small Oval Punch
- 1/2" Circle Punch
- designer paper - Everyday Enchantment
- Very Vanilla, Pool Party cardstock
- Sticky Strip
1. Die cut 3 petal cones from Pool Party cardstock.
2. Trim off the rounded part of each petal cone.
3. Line up the straight edge, as shown, on the 4-5/8" mark and score TO THE FOLD at the 2-5/8" mark.
*Turn the cardstock so the other straight edge is lined up and score again.
*If you are unsure what I mean, refer to picture #4.
4. Trim off the NON -TABBED half of one of the petal cones - discard.
5. On the remaining 2 petal cones, cut along the fold mark to the score line you just created.
6. I hope this is clear. Fold the petal cone in half (the 2 full size cones anyway) and place in the crimper and crimp. Do the same for the single cone - you obviously don't need to fold it in half.
7. When done correctly, it will look like this.
8. Add Sticky Strip to each tab and attach the cones together except the single one on the end.
9. Trim off the points as shown in picture.
10. Bend on the score lines, add Sticky Strip to each bottom piece.
11. Complete the box by adhering the final tab on the side.
12. Fold in each bottom piece and adhere. Don't worry if Sticky Strip shows.
13. Trace the bottom of the box twice. Cut them out and add Sticky Strip along their edges.
14. Add one to the bottom and one to the inside.
*Sponge all of the edges if you like that look.
15. Die cut 3 Petal Cones from designer paper. I used Everyday Enchantment (Sale-a-bration)
16. Cut off the tabs and cut each one down the middle. You will only need 5.
17. Slip the pointed end of the petal into the Small Oval Punch as shown and punch. This will give the end a rounded look.
18. Use the 1/2" Circle Punch and punch a hole in each petal as shown.
19. Adhere the large rounded end of each petal to the inside of the box. Make sure you add the adhesive to the correct side of the dsp!
20. Gently roll each petal toward the inside so the "cupcake" part of the box will be rounded.
21. Cut a piece of ribbon measuring 9". Fold it in half and tie a knot on the end opposite of the fold.
*The ribbon shown in my photo is not the one I ended up using for my Blog Hop cupcake box.
22. At this point, Crochet Trim and Ribbon can be added around the box. Also, Large Basic Pearls.
23. Sorry, I don't have a photo of this part. To attach the Ribbon Loop (from step #21) slip it through one of the holes in one of the petals and adhere it on the inside of the petal.
24. To close the box: Slip the loop through each hole, alternating the petals.
This is the first cupcake box I made. It has the sentiment on the front.
The cupcake box I used for the Stampin Addicts Sale-a-bration Blog Hop is this one.
I hope this didn't bog down your computer. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I will try to help.