Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Belated Project

Today's project is a Christmas one but I thought I would post it even though Christmas was 2 days ago! 

I like to make something for each place setting when we have any holiday dinner as a family. This year I wanted to make something using the trendy paper rosettes that have been showing up everywhere for months and months now. 

I had yet to make one (crazy I know) because they looked like alot of work. Now that we have the Simply Scored Scoring Tool they are supposedly easier to make! Well, I can officially tell you they are a breeze to make with the Scoring Tool! And lots of fun! 
I went with Soft Suede and Very Vanilla colors for an elegant look. I did this because I love the Mocha Morning Specialty paper and wanted to use it for my rosette. The metallic look is soooo pretty especially framed with some Silver Glimmer Paper. Now I am not going to lie. That Silver Glimmer paper was a bear to fold and to attach. I don't think I would recommend edging it with that. 

Once I made my rosette, I layered a star stamped with The Sounding Joy and an embossed vellum sentiment from the same set. Then I added some of the lovely Vanilla Velvet Ribbon from the Holiday Mini. 

Don't forget that the Holiday Mini ends January 3rd so if there are any last minute purchase you need to make, you only have a short amount of time to do so! 

The box is actually the Milk Carton made from Very Vanilla cardstock that I wheeled with Musical Notes. It goes so well with the stamp set! When die cutting the cardstock don't use the crease pad and you won't get well defined crease lines at the top which makes for a great little open ended box! 
Side view which shows off the  musical notes and the strip of paper and ribbon around the middle of the box. I filled these with some tissue paper and some mints. My family loved them.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: The Sounding Joy, Musical Notes Wheel
Paper: Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer Paper, Mocha Morning Specialty dsp
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Other: Big Shot, Stars Bigz die, Milk Carton Die, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Very Vanilla Velvet Ribbon (Holiday Mini), Basic Rhinestone, Pewter Embossing Powder (Holiday Mini), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (Holiday and Occasions Mini)


I had a ball crafting with my youngest daughter who was home for an entire week before Christmas. I wish I could show you what she has been working on but it is a surprise for someone and I wouldn't want to ruin it. Maybe I will show you in a few weeks. She is amazing! My other two daughters came home the 4 days ago so I am utter bliss. Love those girls!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! You are a wonderful hostess to make these!!! I do not think I would be so "gracious"!!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

That is gorgeous Lisa!! Man, wish I had a dollar for everytime I typed, that is gorgeous Lisa!! lol If you do these again and want the silver glimmer, could you just cut it out flat with the perfect pennants die? Don't know if that piece is the right size or not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...