Friday, October 28, 2011

Clear Block Stamping with French Foliage



I needed a simple thank you card - simple and mailable - so I took out my French Foliage stamp set and created this.
One of the easiest techniques is using a clear acrylic block as a stamp. It doesn't stamp a solid image because of the nature of the block but some blocks will pick up more ink than others. It is a fun, funky way to use those clear blocks! Once the block is stamped, just stamp any solid image right over the top. 

For my card, I inked up the leaf stamp with Old Olive and then rolled the stamp in some More Mustard just to add some "fall" color. 

Note: I used Confetti Cream cardstock for the base. It has these lovely green flecks in it which is perfect for an autumn card - or Christmas as seen Here.

Stamps: French Foliage, Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Confetti Cream, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, More Mustard, More Mustard dsp
Ink: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, More Mustard
Accessories: Clear Acrylic Block, More Mustard Dotted Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Modern Label Punch

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...