Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wreath on a Fence


I totally forgot about this swap card I made for yet another Stampin Addicts swap back in August! It was made for a Holiday Mini swap and you know how I love fences and doors so I went with that theme yet again. Lol. 

For the "fence" I first scalloped the top of a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Then I used the new Stripes embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. 

The wreath was super easy. I just stamped the wreath image, from the Bright Hopes stamp set, with Wild Wasabi ink, punched it with the Scallop Circle punch and sponged the edges. The card shown here is my original. I added Cherry Cobbler marker to the actual stamp. For my swaps, I just stamped with Wild Wasabi and went over the berries with my Cherry Cobbler marker. This was sooo much easier and still looked the same.
The hardest part of this card? The sentiment. I ended up using a Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement on the tiny strip of cardstock. It worked really well - as opposed to trying to get the image straight by eyeballing it.

Stamps: Bright Hopes (Holiday Mini)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Cherry cobbler
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler
Other: Mini Silver Brads, Cherry Cobbler Quilted Ribbon (Holiday Mini), Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Scallop Border PUnch, Scallop Circle punch, sponge, dimensionals, Corner Rounder punch, Cherry cobbler brad, Stamp-a-ma-jig

2 comments:

Doris D. said...

Beautiful card. For the sentiment I always stamp first and then punch out. So much easier. Thanks for sharing.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Beautiful Lisa!! I do love clear stamps, but still my SAMJ sometimes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...