Sunday, August 14, 2011

Little bird in its nest

Last month, as you may recall from an earlier post, I decided I needed to make some "Thinking of You" cards to have on hand because they are so versatile. I haven't been too successful in keeping any on hand because I send them out - which is a good thing!


One of my faithful customers has been having a rough year, even more so recently. No details but I felt she needed a card. This is the card I made and sent. It uses the new stamp set, Best of Everything and has a few notable details which I thought you might like to see.
1. I used the Stripes textured impressions embossing folder, after I stamped the flowers along the bottom, to make my fence. It is similar to what I did with this card I made HERE (click). Below is a closeup of today's card but it still doesn't show as much detail as I would like it to.


2. I rolled up some of our Twine and made a nest for my birdie! Sticky Strip kept it in place. 

3. I am not one to sew on my cards but I tried it with this one - just to add some detail around the edges.


All supplies are Stampin' Up! (except the sewing stuff)!


Stamps: Best of Everything, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade (new In Color), Early Espresso
Ink: Lucky Limeade (new In Color), Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Wisteria Wonder (new In Color)
Accessories: Twine, Sticky Strip, dimensionals, Oval Scallop punch, Oval punch, Scallop Border punch, Basic Pearl, Itty Bitty Punch pack, Wisteria Wonder Ribbon, Big Shot, Stripes tief


Thanks for stopping. I hope you will also take the time to make a "Thinking of You" card and bless someone in your life!

6 comments:

Patti Willey said...

This stamp set is the cutest! Hard to tell in this photo, but your stamping is on Whisper White you say, looks like maybe you spritzed your stamp with water before stamping? Or just second generation? Looks fantastic! I hope your customer will be well soon.

Anne Laflamme said...

Wow... that card is very beautiful...

Bravo

Bandon, Oregon said...

What a WONDERFUL card Lisa! I so LOVE it!! Very, Very nice....

Faith

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa this card is FAB-U-Lous! LOVE your little birdie nest! The fence is just genious! Love your colors and everything about it. Hugs.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love this Lisa!! And how clever to use the hemp twine to make the nest.

Lisa Kmiec said...

This is adorable! I love the twine nest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...