Thursday, June 2, 2011

Update and a Technique


Some have been wondering if we are ok after a tornado hit our town (Westfield), and surrounding towns yesterday. Thank you for your concern - we are fine. We live on the opposite end of the area in town where the tornado touched down. And that area of Westfield sustained terrible property damage but no injuries or fatalities which was falsely reported on national news. 

Our thoughts and prayers do go out to the city of Springfield and other areas of Western Mass where the tornado did the most damage and lives were lost. It is nothing like Alabama and Missouri but for an area that rarely sees tornadoes, it is devastating. 

And I do have a card to show you. I made it the other day and it involves embossing with classic ink. Yes, it is possible!
I inked the flowers with Versamark first, then inked again with Pacific Point classic ink. Don't stamp in between - just ink plus ink. Once I stamped the images I embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, cut them out, and added them to the front of the card. This is a fun and easy way to emboss with color!

The card size fits the 6-3/4" x 3-1/2" envelopes. 

Stamps: Fabulous Florets(Summer Mini)
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Beyond the Garden dsp (Summer Mini)
Ink: Versamark, Pacific Point 
Other: dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch

Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa I love your color combo here.. and wow... it goes so perfect with the DSP! Love it.
I emboss this way alot as it gives so many color choices.. great tip.
So glad you were not in the storm's path... my daughter is in Missouri and I was on pins & needles ... so sad for those that did get hit, prayers to all of them. Hugs.

Denise Willerton said...

so glad all is well on your home front, and yes, I am also praying for those that were hit ~ I love your card, and we also did some versa/color ink in my last stamp class ~ so much fun to have the feeling that you own EP in every color! TFS and have a wonderful day!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Lovely card Lisa, and so glad y'all and the rest of the town are safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...