Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Patriotic Star Vase


With America's Independence Day coming up soon, I thought I would post this project I had made a while back but never photographed. My daisies are on their way out so I scrounged up a few  along with some other white flowers.

I hesitated about posting this because it has been so long since I made it, I am not sure if I remember exactly how I did it. I know there will be requests for the dimensions and directions for this, so I will give you Scor-Pal's link where I found the pattern and their directions. It is referred to as Diana's Star Box. Click HERE. For the bottom of my box, I traced the bottom, cut out the cardstock, and adhered with Sticky Strip.


Directions to the best of my knowledge:
1. Base cardstock is Real Red cardstock cut to Scor Pal's dimensions. DO NOT SCORE yet.
2. I used White Craft ink and my Stamp-a-ma-gig to stamp the stripes along the bottom. Emboss with White Embossing Powder. The stamp set is Solid Stripes Background stamp - Not retiring.
***I am pretty sure I scored it after I embossed.
3. Top part is a piece of Night of Navy cardstock - at least 3" wide. Length is same as Real Red. Score before stamping. It helps with placement of stars.
4. I stamped the star from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set using my Stamp a-ma-gig and White craft ink. You may be able to "eye ball" it without using the Stamp a ma gig. Emboss with White craft Embossing Powder.
5. Adhere that to the top of the Red cardstock, lining up the score marks. 
6. Cut a piece of White cardstock, 1-7/8" wide and using markers, stamp the flag stamp called Land of the Free (Summer Mini). I used the Stamp-a-ma-gig for this because it is wood mount. It is not embossed. Score and attach to the middle of your cardstock.
7. Fold on Score lines, shape like a star, attach the sides and bottom with Sticky Strip.

Close up.

Top View.
I purchased one of those skinny glass vases from a dollar store and it fit perfectly in the center with a little bit of the glass showing at the top. And for fun, I cut skinny strips of cardstock and tucked those in around the vase. This little patriotic centerpiece will be on my table for the 4th of July weekend!

Stamps: Itty Bitty Bits, Solid Stripes background ($9.95), Land of the Free (Summer Mini)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Night of Navy marker, Real Red marker
Accessories: Scoring tool, Sticky Strip, White embossing Powder, Stamp-a-ma-gig

If you would like to order these, or any products, you may do so quite easily! Just click HERE which will take you to my demonstrator website. Once there, click on Shop Now in the upper Right corner.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Patti said...

Great project. You could make this using so many different colors but I certainly love the red, white & blue!

Texas JennyWren said...

LOVE IT!! And thanks for sharing the tut address too. so cute and perfect for the holiday coming up.

Allison said...

This is such a fantastic vase!

Leslie said...

How cute! I know what I will be making in the morning.

PaperFairyKris said...

This is so cute!! I love the strips of red, white and blue that you added to the flowers. Thanks for the instructions too. I would like to present you with the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. You are such an inspiration! Details here: http://paperfairykris.blogspot.com/2011/06/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...