With America's Independence Day coming up soon, I thought I would post this project I had made a while back but never photographed. My daisies are on their way out so I scrounged up a few along with some other white flowers.
I hesitated about posting this because it has been so long since I made it, I am not sure if I remember exactly how I did it. I know there will be requests for the dimensions and directions for this, so I will give you Scor-Pal's link where I found the pattern and their directions. It is referred to as Diana's Star Box. Click HERE. For the bottom of my box, I traced the bottom, cut out the cardstock, and adhered with Sticky Strip.
Directions to the best of my knowledge:
1. Base cardstock is Real Red cardstock cut to Scor Pal's dimensions. DO NOT SCORE yet.
2. I used White Craft ink and my Stamp-a-ma-gig to stamp the stripes along the bottom. Emboss with White Embossing Powder. The stamp set is Solid Stripes Background stamp - Not retiring.
***I am pretty sure I scored it after I embossed.
3. Top part is a piece of Night of Navy cardstock - at least 3" wide. Length is same as Real Red. Score before stamping. It helps with placement of stars.
4. I stamped the star from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set using my Stamp a-ma-gig and White craft ink. You may be able to "eye ball" it without using the Stamp a ma gig. Emboss with White craft Embossing Powder.
5. Adhere that to the top of the Red cardstock, lining up the score marks.
6. Cut a piece of White cardstock, 1-7/8" wide and using markers, stamp the flag stamp called Land of the Free (Summer Mini). I used the Stamp-a-ma-gig for this because it is wood mount. It is not embossed. Score and attach to the middle of your cardstock.
7. Fold on Score lines, shape like a star, attach the sides and bottom with Sticky Strip.
I purchased one of those skinny glass vases from a dollar store and it fit perfectly in the center with a little bit of the glass showing at the top. And for fun, I cut skinny strips of cardstock and tucked those in around the vase. This little patriotic centerpiece will be on my table for the 4th of July weekend!
Stamps: Itty Bitty Bits, Solid Stripes background ($9.95), Land of the Free (Summer Mini)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Night of Navy marker, Real Red marker
Accessories: Scoring tool, Sticky Strip, White embossing Powder, Stamp-a-ma-gig
If you would like to order these, or any products, you may do so quite easily! Just click HERE which will take you to my demonstrator website. Once there, click on Shop Now in the upper Right corner.
Thanks for stopping by!