Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fabulous Florets Delphiniums


I hope you had a nice long holiday weekend! I did. Well, I worked Saturday, but at least I had yesterday off! David and I worked in the yard yesterday, and then went to the movies last night. We saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie which I felt was a little disappointing. I love Johnny Depp's character - I just missed the characters of Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly. But it was still fun. 

Now for my Stamping World: June 1st is a big day for Stampin' Up! demonstrators!! 
  • The list of retiring stamp sets and accessories will be revealed so stay tuned for that!
  • 5 New In Colors will be revealed!! Don't worry, the current 5 In Colors are staying. That means we will have 10 in all!
  • Also, and even better, demonstrators, that would be me, will be able to preorder a few select things from the new catalog on June 1st! Woo Hoo!
  • And best of all: not only can we preorder - we also get our own personal copy of the new catalog with that order!! You can bet I will be expediting my order so it will come quickly! I am super duper excited to see what Stampin' Up! has in store for us this year!


Customer copies will be available July 1st but once my preorder comes, I can give you sneak peaks so stay tuned for that too.

A bit about today's project: I can't stop using the Summer Mini set, Fabulous Florets! I love that it has both images that just use ink, and images that I can color! I have been trying different combinations just for fun.

Today's card was inspired by delphiniums. It is a card I made, and sent to an online customer. Thanks again Lynette!
I stamped the foliage first, then the flowers. My final step was to use an aquapainter to add Marina Mist ink to the flowers. 

The "Thanks" is from Happy Greetings. I selectively inked with a Marina Mist marker. You know how much I love those markers!

Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Happy Greetings
Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Marina Mist brad and 1/8" Taffeta ribbon, smallest oval punch, dimensional, aquapainter

If you would like to place an order and don't have a demonstrator, I would be happy to fill that spot. Just click here to order through me. 


Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of May!

4 comments:

RedGem said...

What a beautiful card... and a lucky receipient. I love the Marina Mist color and you did a wonderful job of coloring. I really love the taffeta ribbon I hope SU comes out with more colors in that size. Tks for sharing.

Renée said...

very beautiful card! love the colours and layout, Lisa!

Margaret said...

beautiful!

Newbie said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Nice warm colors! Love the blue flowers over the tan foilage! Matching bow--all gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...