Monday, April 11, 2011

Bluebird, bluebird

  My brother in Pennsylvania, tells me they have had bluebirds for a while now. Not so here - at least I haven't seen any yet. I have seen robins though!

  Talking about bluebirds made me want to stamp some! So I pulled out the Every Moment stamp set and made the bird into a bluebird. Now I really don't think bluebirds hang out in cat tails but oh well  - mine is! So, he's off track a little. lol.
  After I stamped and colored my bluebird, I had to figure out what to do with it, and then a light bulb went off! The Paisley Petals designer paper is a perfect match, so I trimmed the paper to frame my bird in the best possible way. 

  The Paisley Prints designer paper is only available until April 30th. If you would like more details, please click HERE. The Four Frames stamp set (not used today) is also part of this promotion.

Stamps: Every Moment and Three Little Words
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Watercolor paper, Paisley Prints dsp (Spring Blossoms promotion)
Ink: Black Stazon, Crumb Cake, SU Markers
Accessories: Blender Pen, Color Spritzer Tool, Twine, Button

Hope you have a wonderful creative day!

8 comments:

Dame Nina said...

Lisa, We have bluebirds here in Ohio but the sparrows steal their nests so it's hard for them to raise their young. But I have had at least one momma and babies in my bluebird house. They are very pretty and so is yours. I'll have to do a bluebird with this stamp set. Nice use of the dsp. Nina

Julie B said...

This is beautiful - all great color choices!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Beautiful card! Great coloring, great shading....and I bet there are a few "live outside the box bluebirds" that do actually sit in cat tails! lol Even if not, yours is so purdy you can make him do whatever you want! He really looks quite content there.

Tanya Boser said...

What a sweet bluebird :) He can come hang out in my yard anytime, cattails or not! Love all the rustic/nature like details of this card and you did a wonderful job coloring this!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa this is just beautiful! Your color is outstanding! Love the combo of the DSP and image. Hugs

Kim said...

They do indeed love cattails to perch on. I remember that from my grandparent's farm See here too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hokielady83/4369539461/

Created By You said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! This is one of my favorite images, love your bluebird.. great color choices and colors! I usually watercolor with my stampin write markers and aqua painter, may have to revisit the blender pen tool! TFS

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Love everything about this. I am in PA too and have seen a few bluebirds also. A true harbinger of spring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...