Monday, March 7, 2011

For a Friend

  I needed a "thinking of you" card to give to a friend who is struggling. She is definitely a no frills kind of gal so I went with a no frills card. At least it is no frills compared to some of my cards! lol!
  The top panel was embossed with the Elegant Lines textured impressions embossing folder and the smaller panel is plain except for the stamped sentiment. That is pretty basic. Both are layered on Regal Rose cardstock. Now there is a color I haven't used in a while!

   Fortunately the Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon coordinates beautifully with Regal Rose so I added that, along with a Rose Red Vintage Flower Adornment in the center of the bow. Simple but elegant!

Stamps: Sincere Salutations
Paper: Regal Rose and Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose
Other: Big Shot, Elegant Lines tief, Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon, Rose Red Vintage Flower Adornment

  I hope you have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Fi said...

Ooooh, I like that card and have that embossing folder! Might have to have a go! TFS :o)

Allison said...

Beautiful! I think it's still very pretty without being really "frilly."

KellyRae said...

LOVE the elegant simplicity of this card. Thanks so much for sharing.

Cathy said...

Beautiful, simple card Lisa. It would make a nice Make n'Take.

Julie Hoffman said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Love the red and white together with that gorgeous ribbon and bow! Love the Rose Red vintage flower!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa this is such a pretty card. Clean and crisp and I'm sure your friend will love it. Beautiful.

I have "so many" friends right now that are going through chemo and the like, I make "thinking of you" cards by the dozen. I think I may CASE this one... Hugs.

Wanda Williams said...

Just beautiful. I love the simplicity. I see a CASE coming on!!! :-D

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

So pretty and elegant Lisa. I'm not a girly girl either, so I love this. Hope your friend comes through her troubles soon. She certainly blessed to have you as a friend.

Sew Magic said...

It's a beautiful, No frills card! Get's the job done. BTW, enjoyed the site. Please stop in to see my blog soon. I'm looking for something to add some spice to mine and I just don't know what . If you have any suggestions that would be helpful, please let me know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...