Monday, March 14, 2011

A First For Me


  I don't know - maybe a few years back - Stampin' Up! began to sell 3" square cards and envelopes. They caught on like wild fire and 3" card samples can be now be found throughout the catalog, and  all over the internet for that matter. 

  Well a few weeks back I participated in a swap over at Stampin Addicts. We swapped 3 x 3 cards and today's card is the very first 3 x 3 card I have ever made. And what a blast it was to design and make this little card!! 
  Once again I used Bold Blossoms stamp set and the Build a Cupcake Punch for the flower pot. I tried to convey the idea of a potted flower on a window sill.

  I also tried to incorporate the Sale-a-bration paper, buttons and ribbon called Ice Cream Parlor. The colors are so bright and cheerful. They remind me of spring, and butterflies, and flowers!
  This is a close up of the flower with its Ice Cream Parlor Button and Rhinestone center. 

  To make the stamped portion of the flower I stamped it once, and then without reinking I stamped again. That is why it looks so "full". Note: I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement.
      To mail this size card you must use a standard envelope. A 3 x 3 envelope will not work.

  3 x 3 cards? I'm a fan! 


Stamps: Bold Blossoms (Occasion Mini)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Ice Cream Parlor Paper and Quick Accents Pack (SAB)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Pacific Point
Other: Crimper, Build a Cupcake Punch, dimensionals , Basic Rhinestone, Scallop Border Punch, Mini Glue Dot, Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack (SAB)

 Have a good one!

5 comments:

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa I love your little card. I have never made one either! I have no idea if this size requires extra postage either ??? So stink'n cute though. Love the bright colors and your little flower is the bomb. Hugs.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

I love 3x3's! I posted one this morning in fact. My stamping ladies like them too.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Meant to tell you how much I love your card as well, really like the cupcake punched flower pot. Very sweet card!

stampingeorgie said...

I love 3x3s. I often use them as Thank You cards. Love your one, full of cheerful colour.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

This is adorable!! So not fair that you weren't in groups 1-3 though since those are the groups I did. lol Love the cupcake flower pot, and I just got my cuppycake punch and stamp set yesterday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...