Saturday, March 19, 2011

Control Freaks Blog Tour - Wedding Theme

Welcome to this month's Control Freak's Blog Tour! 
The theme is "Something borrowed, something blue" - Weddings to be exact! How fun is that?! 

The tour officially begins on 
Sunday, March 20th 

  If you arrived here from the brilliant Jan Tink's blog then you are exactly where you should be! If you are beginning with my blog, that is ok too because the Tour goes full circle. Just follow the links. You won't want to miss a thing - trust me!

  Here is the scenario: You are invited to a wedding and you need a special card for the special couple. You want something elegant and "different". That is what I was envisioning when I created this card for the newlyweds. 
Disclaimer: White cards with shimmer are very hard to photograph! 
  The background was created by painting my French Filigree Background stamp with Frost White Shimmer Paint and then stamping directly on Whisper White cardstock. Once it dried thoroughly I trimmed it, popped it up with dimensionals, and mounted it to the embossed card.

 The flowers, from Growing Green stamp set, were done with the Mother of Pearl Technique. I used a Blender Pen to add the color rather than a sponge or brayer because it gives better color control. 
If you are not familiar with this technique, I hope to post a tutorial soon. 

Stamps: French Filigree Background, Growing Green, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery
Other: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Blender Pen, Big Shot, tief, dimensionals, oval punch, Mini glue dots, Basic Pearls, Bitty Punch Pack

  Now you have your special card but perhaps you aren't just a guest at the wedding, but a part of the wedding! All you need is a special box for: the wedding gift, the wedding party, favors for the guests, or favors for the bridal shower?  I have just the thing!
  I used the Petal Cone Bigz die and some punches to create this elegant "bridal dress" gift box. Change the colors and it  becomes a "bridesmaid dress" gift box!

  Little Pearls accent the scalloped skirt and the flowers in the bouquet. For the print on the sash I used white address labels because I couldn't locate my clear labels. Clear would work much better!

  If you have simpler tastes, here is a simpler version! I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I decided to include both in today's tour.
   The sash was left blank on this box but you could use the sash to write to/from, or a special note. 

  These boxes open at the bottom and I will be posting a free tutorial showing you just how I made these - top to bottom.

Stamps: None
Paper: Whisper White
Other: Big Shot, Petal Cone bigz die, Tasteful Trim bigz die (I checked and it is still available), Elegant Lines tief, Large Heart Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Bitty Punch Pack, Basic Pearls, White Organza Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip

 Next stop is the amazing Dawn Olchefske's blog. Either click on her name above, or on the icon below to move forward. Enjoy the tour!

   I hope you'll come back and visit some time soon.

38 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG, your bride boxes are the coolest ever! I feel a little inadequate with mine...GREAT job, Lisa!

LeeAnn Greff said...

You are entitled to be proud of these beauties! Your boxes are amazing and gorgeous!

Dawn O (dostamping) said...

You always blow me away with your projects and this time is no different. LOVE the bride box - just awesome!

Anonymous said...

The wedding card is the prettiest I've seen posted in a long time. Beautiful work. Edna

JoAnn said...

Elegant card. The boxes are adorable and very clever.

for2nately said...

these are the sweetest neatest thing I've seen in a long time!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Melissa said...

Fantastic boxes, they look amazing.

Whitney Richardson said...

Lynn:
This is one of the most original mind blowing creations...My jaw is still dropped!! And to boot you are going to post a free tutorial for all your viewers is totally AWESOME!! No I am not a valley girl, I tend to revert back to "80's sentiments" when really excited. this would be great for a wedding favor. I love it when you ladies go all out for us! I am very inspired by your creativity!

Whitney69.blogspot.com

Sherylee said...

Stunning projects all around!! Love the shimmer stamping on the card!

Dale Morin said...

The box is adorable. TFS

- - Sheryl - - said...

I love the Tulip border embossing folder - one of my newest favs.
The wedding dress favor is cute. I think I've seen a bride and groom set somewhere... but would love the instructions. thanks

Mary Cavalier said...

Looking forward to your tutorial on the Mother of Pearl technique - I have never seen that before. Lovely!

Barb said...

Beautiful Lisa!!!

Allison said...

Love that bridal giftbox! So cool!

Earlene said...

Fabulous. Another great use of die.

Melanie said...

I love the boxes! They would make great Grad centerpieces too, with a variety of color!

Elaine said...

Lisa,
Your card and box are so just beautiful.

Alita said...

The Bride Box is just stunning!
Thank for sharing it and I can't wait for the tutorial on it.
Great Work!

Denise Willerton said...

I love your card and this gift box is amazing! TFS ~ Have a wonderful day :-)

Kim Score said...

that box is pure genious! Thanks for sharing

Patti said...

Love the favor box. Very creative. I think I prefer the first one even though both are great.

mary atwood said...

These bridal favors are beyond adorable! Oh I must save this for some time in the future!

Jeanne said...

Oh my, the bride box. And the cards too. Very elegant. Thanks for the inspiration.

Connie Collins said...

OMG...that brides box is awesome!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

omggggggggg Lisa, those are both amazing! Can't wait for the tute on the dress box. I have got to find a way to get that petal cone die!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OMG! Lisa this is gorgeous! Both of the boxes and the card!
I can't wait to see the tutorials for both the mother of pearl technique and how to make the box! Just absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

OMG, wonderful, fantastic, I love it. :-)
Sorry, I'm German.:-)
Liebe Grüße Gaby

gbarron56 said...

Lisa -- you really outdid yourself this time, girlfriend! WOW -- the bride box is truly a work of art and your card is simply beautiful! Can't wait for your tutorial! Thanks so much for being on the Freak's tour! Blessings, Gretchen

Jen said...

wow those favor boxes are fabulous!

Wendybell said...

That card is GORGEOUS, Lisa!! I need some of that shimmer paint!! Love your "bride" box, too!! Totally awesome!! :)

Tiffany Bauer said...

WOW!!! This just blows me away!! Great job!! I will be featuring your first wedding dress box on My Crafty Picks #9 on 3-27-11. If you wish to decline please contact me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care

Heidi Baks said...

Well, this is just ridiculously gorgeous! I saw your name up on the screen on Friday's Regionals. Where you there?? Or is there another Lisa Young in the vicinity?

valita said...

so beautiful!

Margaret said...

beautiful card soft lovely colors!

Created By You said...

OOh... Lisa, your bride and my petal cone cake box need to meet!! Too cute!
Hugs,
Sharon F.

Cindy Major said...

Two lovely projects! I love the dress box!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

OMG!! The card and dress are AWESOME!! My daughter's BF is getting married.. I may have to make those brides boxes!!

Sue said...

Drop dead gorgeous!! Look forward to the tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...