Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Build a Cupcake Flower Pot

   
   I was going through some old magazines and came across a card using this layout with the scallop square. 
  I liked the scallops at the bottom and the scallop square, which I must confess, I don't use nearly enough. That is what drove me to use this layout. I also don't use the plaid designer paper from Pawsitively Prints so a piece of that found its way onto the card as well.

 And once again Bold Blossoms stamp set came into play. It really is a fun little stamp set. So after stamping my flowers I came up with the idea to add a flower pot to one of the flowers, but how to make it?

  I discovered that the cupcake liner part of the Build a Cupcake Punch makes a great flower pot. To give my "flower pot" some texture, I crimped the cardstock with my Crimper tool before punching it.

  The butterfly trail was added by hand with a Daffodil Delight marker. I added it as an afterthought. It coordinates with the flower stems!

Stamps: Bold Blossom
Paper: Pawsitively Prints II dsp, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Crimper, Button, brads, Mini glue dots, Big Shot, Tasteful Trim die, Square Scallop die, sponge, Oval punch, Corner rounder punch, Build a Cupcake Punch (Occasions Mini)

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous card, Lisa! I really like the colours and you have inspired me to use the scalloped square, too. Thanks!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OMG this is too stinkin' cute. I LOVE finding new ways to use the cupcake set.
I seen so many cards where they use teh frosting as clouds! So cute. The bottom was used for a hot-air balloon basket, and Now flower pots! So cute!!!! TFS

Fi said...

Hi Lisa,
I want to award you the Versatile Blogger award. Please visit my latest blog post at http://creativekaszazzbutterfly.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-very-first-blog-award.html to see how to accept this.
Great work!

Laura said...

Lisa, thanks for all the innovative ways you come up with to use our punches and stamps. This is just adorable. Can't wait to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...