Friday, February 18, 2011

Vellum Build a Blossom


Friendly Reminder: Control Freaks Blog Tour on February 20th. All projects - cards and 3D - will center around Birthdays! I hope you can join us!

I have another birthday card to show you today. It is not a Sound card like the previous cards because it was for my mother and she hears my voice, albeit over the phone, all the time. 

  Her birthday was in January and I wanted to make her an extra special card with a vintage look because she is vintage - in a good way! So I made her this card with lots of vintage elements. 
   The focal point of this card is obviously the flower which is stamped on vellum cardstock with Perfect Plum classic ink. I used the new Build a Blossom stamp set, and then punched it out with the Blossom Petals Punch. I used lots of petals because I wanted it to be nice and full. Mini Glue Dots really help keeping it all together Tip: heat set the ink before punching so it doesn't smear.

  The back drop for the flower is Springtime Vintage designer paper, Crochet Trim, Basic Pearls and a Vintage brad. I also added an edging of faux stitching done with the unmounted In Stitches wheel.

  Remember these cards found HERE and another one HERE? I used the same technique to stamp the row of stitches around my card. A stamp-a-ma-jig worked really well to get proper placement. I think the row of stitches I used for today's card is perfect for the vintage look - kind of like hand embroidered.

  My mother loved her card. Of course she loves everything I make, but she particularly loved this card. :)

Stamps: Build a Blossom and Bring On The Cake; In Stitches wheel (all in Occasions Mini)
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum and Very Vanilla cardstock; Vellum cardstock, Springtime Vintage designer paper
Ink: Perfect Plum
Accessories: Blossoms Petal Punch, 1" circle punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Vintage Brad, Vintage Trinkets, Crochet Trim, Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Mini Glue Dots

See you again soon? Sure hope so!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...