Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Tisket a Tasket, Love Birds in a Basket


First, I just have to say Happy Groundhog Day! And after yesterday's snow and today's ominous forecast, that famous rodent, namely Punxsutawney Phil, better not see his shadow today because I don't know how much more winter I can take! But there is always stamping to take your mind of things. 

There isn't much stamping involved in today's card. The flowers that you see are from the Springtime Vintage designer paper. I love the paper but have to admit, the large roses are a little hard to work with for a card. So for this card I cut out the flowers and used them that way.

My inspiration for this card came last week when I was getting my hair cut. My stylist had a similar vintage looking card on her counter and I thought, "Hey, I can make that"! Here is my version. Of course you have no idea what the original looked like so you will just have to take my word for it. It looked sort of like this. lol.
The background paper is also Springtime Vintage designer paper. The pattern reminds me of a lattice fence which is why I chose it for this particular card!

  The basket: To make it, I cut 1/2" strips of Crumb Cake cardstock and sponged their edges with Chocolate Chip ink. Then I wove them, tacked down the edges with mini glue dots and ran it through the Big Shot with the Top Note die. Note: you don't need to fill the entire Top Note die with woven strips - just half.

   After I made the basket and added the flowers, I punched 2 doves with my 2 Step Bird Punch. They are White instead of Vanilla because in my mind, doves are white! I suppose they would look more "vintage" in Vanilla but I am being rebellious and keeping them White.

Stamps: Valentine Defined
Paper: Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Springtime Vintage dsp (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red marker
Other: Big Shot, Top Note die, sponge, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Vintage Trinkets, 2 Step Bird Punch

Hope you enjoyed this alternative use of designer paper. Thanks for stopping. 

7 comments:

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Lisa this is stunning! and WOW... what a lot of work you put into that basket. Just beautiful! Love the lattice background and I think you used the DSP perfectly all the way around. AND I think it looks JUST LIKE that card on the counter! Stunning!
PS: Sick of the winter too... in MI.

Joan said...

Great card - love how you cut out the flowers. I was having difficulty with that particular piece of DSP. Thanks for the inspiration.

Melissa said...

Wow, this is a really gorgeous card, love the basket too, its terrific.

Texas JennyWren said...

How cute that you wove that lattice basket. Darling!!

Texas JennyWren said...

I love how you made that lattice basket. Darling!!

Lorraine said...

I love your basket creation. Very clever! This is one beautiful card.

Lorraine Castellon-Rowe said...

WOW Lisa, this card is absolutely gorgeous!! You did a fabulous job with all the detail. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Love your blog!!
Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
Demo in California where it's such a beautiful sunny day here. You can come visit me any time you want to get out of that snow!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...