The other day I posted a card found HERE, using the stamp set, Valentine Defined. I lamented that it didn't come with a bird to perch on the wire which gave me the idea for today's card.
I combined Valentine Defined with the birds from Aviary - perfect!
This was meant to be a clean and simple card. But sometimes I just can't stop adding things! Here was my thought process for this card and my final interpretation.
- I started out with the 3 birds on the wire. Cute and adorable - just what I wanted.
- Then I decided to add the bubble but didn't like the heart because it looked like the bird was in love with one? both? of the other birds. But how to cover the heart?
- So after much contemplation (I had alot of fun imagining scenarios surrounding various sentiments), I stamped the "hello" from Tiny Teacup, on a separate piece of cardstock and adhered that right over the heart. Stop there? No, not me.
- I added a big Real Red Satin Ribbon bow. Looks good! Stop? No.
- I thought the bottom half had too much white space. Ok, I'll add some valentine foliage. And then I wondered, what was I thinking?
- So I added a thin strip of Red Glimmer paper - oh like that helped. lol.
End result: a low wire above tall foliage with 3 birds, one of which is either friendly, or scared it's about to get beat up. And that is what happens when you don't stop while you are ahead!
Stamps: Aviary, Valentine Defined (Occasions Mini), Tiny Teacup (Sale-a-bration option)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper (Occ. Mini)
Ink: Early Espresso, Real Red
Accessories: Real Red Satin Ribbon
Enjoy your day!