Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a Happy Kind of Day.

   Happy New Year! Ok so I am 4 days late - but I have excuses, none of which you care to hear :) I will say though, that our youngest went back to Ohio on Sunday and I have a lot more time to stamp. Imagine that!


   And speaking of the new year - you know, out with the old, in with the new? Well in the Stampin' Up! world, the Holiday Mini is out and the Occasions Mini is in. Yes that is correct - you can begin ordering today! Check it out by clicking HERE.


   I felt like doing a challenge yesterday so I settled on the Bling challenge on the SUO Challenge website found HERE.  The idea is to create a card using any kind of bling, glitter or glitz. I need a card for a wedding this weekend so I combined the 2 and made this card.
   It is not black and vanilla. It is Elegant Eggplant and Very Vanilla which I think are the bride's colors. lol.

   To make the rhinestone heart, I first stamped the saying with Elegant Eggplant and then used the Basic Rhinestones, specifically the 2 long rows, and made the heart. I pretty much eyeballed it but you could draw a heart first if that helps. 

   The stamped heart is cut by hand and popped up with a dimensional just to give it some....dimension!
And I am loving the Vanilla Ribbon Rosettes found in the Occasions Mini. The one featured here is the second of the three sizes and fits perfectly on the the bow with just a few mini glue dots. 

Stamps: I (Heart) Hearts and Word Play
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, textured and plain
Ink: Elegant Eggplant   
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Vanilla Ribbon Rosette (Occasions Mini)

Thanks for stopping. Have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful and elegant, in other words it is a perfect wedding card! I love the sparkly heart and I am sure it is even prettier in person. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Yay, Lisa is in the house! This is a FAB-U-LOUS card!! Love the rhinestone heart, and the little rosette looks soooo good paired with a bit of bow. Thanks for joining us!

Deb Hoekstra said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love all the sparkle and also how you combined the rosette with the ribbon bow. Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges.

Deb Hoekstra said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love all the sparkle and also how you combined the rosette with the ribbon bow. Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges.

Oliva said...

So pretty and different from a conventional wedding card. Love it!

Julie Hoffman said...

This is gorgeous and it's in my wedding colors too! Hmmm maybe my next anniversary card for DH should be inspired by the wedding colors :) I love the bow with the rose center - beautiful!

Allison said...

Gorgeous! You rocked the bling challenge!

Melina said...

Wow! I love that rhinestone heart around the sentiment! How creative!
Thanks so much for joining us at SUO Challenges! :)

Jen Timko said...

Congrats on being chosen as one of the top 3 at SUO Challenges for this card. It really is wonderful!

Kim P said...

Wow! What a unique way to use the rhinestones! TFS!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters - Macomb, MI said...

Wowzer. What a card. Congrats on your win. Well deserved.

TrishG said...

Wow - this is beautiful!!!! Great job with the embellishments. Such a pretty card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...