Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Control Freaks Blog Tour - Valentine Theme!

    Once again the Control Freaks have been working hard to bring you wonderfully creative projects. This time they are focusing around Valentines Day! The Blog Tour officially begins tomorrow, January 20th. In the meantime there may be a glitch or two so be sure to check back again tomorrow for the complete run through. 

  If you arrived from the incredibly talented Wendy Weixler's blog, Wickedly Wonderful Creations,  then you are in the right place. If you just hopped on, and I am your first stop, that's ok too. The Blog Tour always makes a complete circle so just follow the links. Enjoy!

  Anyone like soup? How about some Love Soup?! Ok it's not real soup, it's really a yummy combination of Hot Cocoa mix, milk chocolate morsels, mini marshmallows, a stirring stick, and Love Poem, all packaged together for a special chocolaty gift.
   The container is wrapped with a band of Play Date designer paper and Chocolate Chip cardstock that I punched with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch. For the label I used a variety of things: The new Red Glimmer Paper, a scallop circle stamped with the Valentine definition from the Valentine Defined stamp set, and a Basic Rhinestone for starters.
   I just had to give you a close up of the Owl stirring stick! Mr Owl is attached to the stick, front and back with Sticky Strip, but not before I punched a hole in the stick with my Crop-a-dile and threaded some Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
  TIP: His eyes are Basic Rhinestones colored with a black Sharpie marker! Versatility baby!
 I found this Love Soup poem on the internet but if you need help reading the poem, email me and I will send you a copy in larger print! 

Stamps: Valentine Defined (Occasions Mini), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Whisper White, Peach Parfait cardstock, Play Date dsp, Red Glimmer Paper (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories: Owl Punch, Big Shot, 3" and 3 1/2" circle dies, Basic Rhinestones, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Small Heart and Full Heart Punches, Oval Punches, Large Scallop circle punch, Word Window Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Various SU Ribbon and Trim, Crop-a-dile ; Paint Can and Jumbo Craft Stick, Black Sharpie are non SU

   My card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" which is a good size for the sweet, little stamp set, Blowing Kisses. I wanted to give it a soft look so I used markers and a blender pen to give it some subtle color. 
Stamps: Blowing Kisses
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Watercolor paper
Ink: Black Stazon, SU markers
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press tief, Blender Pen, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Vintage Flower Adornment (Occasions Mini), Pretty in Pink Striped Ribbon, dimensionals

And now here is one for the kiddos. When my girls were little we made Valentines similar to this one so I thought it would be fun to stamp an updated version. The original idea, if you are interested, can be found in one of Stampin' Up!'s, now retired Portfolio books.
   Tips: I tucked under one end of the candy by using a mini glue dot. The candy is stuck to the cardstock and the Red Glimmer Paper is stuck to the candy with Sticky Strip.

Stamps: I (heart) Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Play Date dsp, Early Espresso, Real Red, Whisper White cardstock, Red Glimmer Paper (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Real Red, Early Espresso marker
Accessories: Red Glimmer Brad, Modern Label Punch, Small Heart Punch, Word Window Punch, Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dot

Don't to forget to follow the links to continue the tour! Super creative, Connie Babbert of Inkspired Treasures is next. Either click on her name, or on the icon below. Thanks for touring with us!

I hope you can stop back for a visit some time!

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your projects, Lisa! So creative!

LeeAnn Greff said...

Wow - your projects are all beautiful & very creative too.
Your bucket of Love Soup is so creative & I really love the stirring stick! Clever.
The kids card is so cute! Love that.
I never even noticed that set 'Blowing Kisses' before!

Chriserendipity said...

Lisa, as always, your projects are super-adorable! You pay such great attention to the details, and that's what makes them stand out! I love the soft look of the "Blowing Kisses" card, and of course, I'm totally b-owl-ed over with your stirring stick!

Patrice H said...

I am so glad I stopped by your blog. You have really created a batch of incredible eye candy :). Thank you for the inspiration!

Stephanie said...

Awe, the love soup is so creative and sweet, and the little owl so adorable. Your other projects are wonderful as well!!

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

Oh my gosh - love your projects. The Owl stick is stinkin' cute!!

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

Oh my gosh - love your projects. The Owl stick is stinkin' cute!!

Mary Brown said...

Lisa...as always you have such creatively delightful projects. LOVE the owl stick, the bunny card is sweet and elegant at the same time and the butterfly cut TOO CUTE!

Barb said...

Treats for the kiddos, you can never have enough of those ideas!! Great projects Lisa

Kathy said...

Lisa,
My goodness your are so creative. I love the little owl on a stick and the "blowing kisses" is beautiful -Thanks for sharing

Wendybell said...

Ohmygoodness!! That "can o' cocoa" is just marvelous!! (Love the owl-y stir stick!) And your cards are DARLING!! Very creative butterfly, too! :)

Jen said...

Great job! I am in love with your little owl on a stick. How cute is he!?!

scrapstampcrazy said...

great projects, love the smartie card. I have a hug bag of smarties so I might have to make one

Wendy J. said...

What wonderful fresh ideas, Lisa! Love that stir stick! He's so cute with his glittery chest! The pink card is just beautiful and I love the way you used the smarties and hearts on the last card! Wonderful!

Dee Tollaksen said...

I always love your projects, but this blowing kisses card is outstanding! OUTSTANDING!!

Heidi Baks said...

Gorgeous, as always, Lisa!

Lisa said...

Lisa, you blog has made it to the top of my favorites...you are in my top 5! I love your projects and am so happy you are now a Control Freak! You rock!

Cheekie's Ink Pad said...

I really love the love soup bucket with owl stir stick!! so so so cute!

Anonymous said...

The bunny card is so completely darling -- I am CASEing it 100%. I love it. Thanks so much for sharing!

Lela aka Serenity_Stamper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...