Saturday, January 22, 2011

Awards and a Wedding

    Wow! I have been honored 3 more times with the Stylish Blog Award! You may have read about my first award HERE. It was on that post that I listed 8 random things about me and listed 8 blogs/stampers that inspire me. You also may notice that Anne and I are mutually inspired. lol. I feel very blessed to have such avid followers of my blog- you are the best!

  So a huge Thank You to these 3 creative stampers for the award. Please take the time to check out their blogs and leave a comment if you can. It is worth it!

Thanks again Anne, Cindy and Heidi.

  David and I will be going to another wedding today so I made a card for the bride and groom.
  This card is a sneak peak of one of the Sale-a-bration stamp sets called Bliss. It, and others, will be available for free on January 25th. More on that later. :)

Edited to Add: I forgot to tell you that this sketch is #124 from Clean&Simple Sketches which can be found by clicking HERE.

  I used to be a seamstress, emphasis on used to be. (I was going to say sewer but then I realized that isn't true thank goodness!! Ewww). I used to sew my little girls dresses and other items of clothing and I used to sew for myself too. But not anymore. I haven't sewn in years! So to drag out the sewing machine, and then remember how to run the thing, just to sew some ribbon is huge for me! I definitely need to practice some more. lol. But I did bring out the sewing machine and added a row of stitching to my ruffled ribbon. There must be an easier way!

  Things you may need to know: I stamped the flourish 2 times - 1 of them is upside down.
                          The 1st layer is textured cardstock and it is popped up with dimensionals.
                           The butterflies are hand cut.

Stamps: Bliss (Sale-a-bration)
Paper: Whisper White textured and non textured, Blushing Bride cardstock
Ink: Certainly Celery, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Basic Pearls, White Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Lots of Tags sizzlit, dimensionals

Have a great day. Enjoy your weekend. 

10 comments:

TrishG said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the clean look of it. Great job with the FTL!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such a lovely wedding card. I like how you stamped the flourish behind the sentiment panel and the pretty color combo.

Karen said...

This is SUCH a beautiful card for a wedding. Your colours - those butterflies ... fabulous take on the CAS sketch. TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbookingdotcom

JulieA said...

Wow, Lisa, what a beautiful card! And it's perfect for a wedding. Very elegant!

Heather P. said...

Simply GORGEOUS!

Cindy said...

Lisa, this is magnificent! What an absolutely lovely wedding card. Ans what a coincidence....I, too, used to sew a lot, and haven't in years (other than repairs). :-)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and lacks nothing in its simplicity. Instead of stitching, you could use glue dots for the rouched (sp?) look. I have seen that done elsewhere.

Nancy said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!

mary atwood said...

This is a beautiful card! I totally love how you did this CAS card! Thanks for sharing it!

Mary A.

Amanda said...

Lovely card! I just had to case it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...