Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Very Minty Christmas!

   I debated about posting this snowman because I made it before Candy Cane Christmas designer paper went out of stock. That's right. It is no longer available! But even though my snowman contains a product you can't purchase, I decided to show you anyway cause he is so much fun to make - and hopefully receive!
   I got the idea from Ghiradelli Candy and made it my own. It involves the Big Shot, Box #2, Clear Circle die, plus various punches. 

   When I originally made this project, I used the Circle Scissors Plus to make the 3" Circle in the center. I am excited to tell you that in the new, Occasions Mini (available Jan. 4), there is a 3" die and a 3 1/2" Circle die!!!! Woo Hoo!

  Here is a side view so you can see the box. It is covered with Candy Cane Christmas paper to match the mint candy inside. Note: I faced the box so it opens from the back. And I didn't tie the ribbon in a knot. Instead I used Mini Glue Dots to hold it in place. 
  I thought you would like to see the various pieces I used for my snowman. In addition, I added the punched greeting that he holds. If you look closely you can see some snowflakes stamped with one of the stamps from Serene Snowflakes. I had to use stamping somewhere! lol!
 Sorry, I don't have time to post directions but I think it is pretty straightforward. You can always email me. 

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Snow Swirled (eta)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Peach Parfait
            Candy Cane Christmas specialty paper - no longer available
Ink: Sahara Sand for snowflakes and sponging edges
Accessories: Big Shot, Box #2, Clear Circle die, Circle Scissors Plus (or 3" circle die when available), Decorative Label Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Ghiradelli Candy

Have a blessed day! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is the cutest project! I'm going to make some up right after the holidays using blue and white snowflake paper for a luncheon! I know my girlfriends will love them. TFS!
dr.fine

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Lisa this little guy is adorable.

I just happen to have the Ghiradelli Candy as we speak and was trying to figure out how use them as a favor. So glad you posted this. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being a great teacher. I love your projects and I especially love how you share your knowledge!
Merry Christmas

scrappingnana said...

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

barb mann said...

Lisa, This is so dang cute! Can hardly wait to give it a go with my Christmas card club in 2011. Love your directions too...Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...