Friday, December 31, 2010

Occasions Mini 2011 Blog Hop!

  
Welcome to the Occasions Mini Blog Hop sponsored by Stampin Addicts, the positively creative, positively Stampin' Up! website! 
Officially, the Hop begins at 12:00 Noon EST 
so be sure to check back!

If you just hopped over from Joyce Wowczuk's blog, Stampin' Central, you have arrived at the right place. But maybe you landed here first. That's ok, because the Blog Hop will go full circle - just follow the links. 

  I chose to feature the stamp set, Easter Blossoms. I know we just finished Christmas but Easter will be here before you know it! And what I love about this stamp set is that it can be used for springtime projects too! Yay for versatility!
  This branch of white blossoms says Spring to me. Thinking out of the box, I used Early Espresso ink and stamped on Pink Pirouette cardstock. After I heat set it, I used my White Gel Pen and colored in the blossoms. I then added a touch of Pink Pirouette in the flower centers.

  I know others in the Blog Hop will be featuring the Framed Tulip Textured Impressions Embossing Folder so you won't want to miss that! I used it for this card because it added the perfect frame for my blossoms! 

Stamps: Easter Blossoms (Occasions Mini)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso ink, Pink Pirouette marker
Accessories: White Gel Pen, White Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, dimensionals, Big Shot, Framed Tulip tief (Occasions Mini), Oval Punch

   Handmade home decor is so hot right now so I decided to make my own "egg tree". It features the egg stamp that comes in the Easter Blossoms stamp set. I simply stamped and embossed it in white on different colors of cardstock! A Basic Pearl adds some dimension to each egg. Once the eggs were embossed (on both sides), I threaded crochet thread through each one and hung them on my tree branches (a real tree branch btw).

  The base of the tree was made with the new Petal Cone bigz die, new Springtime Vintage designer paper and some new embellishments. Be sure to finish the entire Blog Hop because other stampers will be featuring these items in full! Be prepared to be inspired is all I 
have to say!
A close up of the embossed egg.
Stamps: Easter Blossoms (Occasion Mini)
Paper: Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, Springtime Vintage dsp (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Whisper White Craft ink
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Basic Pearls, So Saffron Button, Ribbon Rosette (Occasions Mini), Vintage Flower Adornment (Occasions Mini), Big Shot, Petal Cone Bigz die (Occasions Mini), Crochet Thread (non SU)
   
  What would Easter be without an Easter basket?? I made this one with my Big Shot and the Box #2 bigz die. I was inspired by a 3D challenge over at the Stampin Addicts website. I made mine using two Boxes adhered together and then layered with cardstock and Springtime Vintage designer paper

  The little girl stamp in the Easter Blossoms stamp set is a popular silhouette stamp but I chose to make it multi-colored by using markers. Tiny Basic Pearls adorn the front of her Baja Breeze dress and a large Basic Pearl adds dimension to the Happy Easter sentiment. 

  The handle needed something so I added the largest of the Ribbon Rosettes to the front. These new Rosettes can be dyed any color with reinker or markers! How cool is that?

  This basket can be filled with candy or baked goods or maybe something that isn't edible. It has many possibilities! ETA: I will try to post directions /dimensions on Monday, January 3rd.
Stamps: Easter Blossoms (Occasions Mini)
Paper: Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Springtime Vintage designer paper
Ink: Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Blush Blossom, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Big Shot, Box #2 Bigz die, Basic Pearls, Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Oval Punch, dimensionals, Ribbon Rosette

And now it's time to hop along to the next blog, Barbara Welch's blog, Creative Stampin' Spot. She has some wonderfully creative projects to show you.

   Enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop and feel free to visit again!

40 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

I love, love, love this set! The spring blossoms are beautiful! Your egg basket is sooooo cute! And how ever did you get your egg tree to stand perfectly straight in the petal box??

Kandi said...

Wowzers - great job!! I love your blossom card. So crisp and clean and elegant. My kids would love that tree - we may have to make one

Yapha said...

Your Easter basket is fantastic, but oh, wow, I just love your first card. So beautiful and spring-like!

MaryR said...

beautiful projects Lisa!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Fabulous projects Lisa!! How fun is that egg tree?! What a great way to showcase this set. Your first card is just gorgeous. Wonderful job!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Great projects!!! That Cherry Blossom card is magnificent!!!!!

Carmen said...

Beautifully done and that tree is a great idea!

Amy said...

So pretty! I adore the tree, especially with the petal cone base! How clever!

Allison said...

I Love that spring blossoms card! It's so beautiful!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Oh Lisa, that cherry blossom card is stunning!! I loved this set when I first saw it, and love how you gave the girl some color. That egg tree is super cute too!

Joyce said...

Fantastic creations! The sprig of blossoms is absolutely gorgeous ... how cute and fun is that egg tree ... and who wouldn't love receiving that cute box filled with special goodies. Oh dear, another item to my "must have" list.

Betty said...

Oh my! The pink card is a show stopper! I love every little thing about it. And the embossed eggs are great! How nice to have your Easter decorations done by January 1.

Cheryl said...

Great job on all of your projects. My favorite has got to be that first GORGEOUS card - love it!

Kathy said...

Wow, I love that pink card. I appreciate that you used an older set. I often forget about the older ones, I will certainly get out that set for spring.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Wowzers!! Great projects! Lovin' the site of Spring stuff! Especially like the egg tree too!!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great group of projects! Loved all of them and your egg tree was cute!

Jen Timko said...

WOW!! That card is really beautiful!! The egg tree and basket are brilliant.

Jodi said...

Very nice projects - I', excited about the new Occassions mini catalog.

Debra Burgin said...

Your pink springtime card is just fabulous! And I'm inspired to create eggs for my feather tree, based on your inspiration!

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Oh my, I love that blossom card. As soon as I saw it I stopped and made one just like it! I'll let you know when I post it to my blog.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

very cool. I love easter card and I hate pink, so that's something!

Crystal said...

Lisa, these are adorable projects! I especially love the first card (the pink) - it's BEAUTIFUL!!! tfs

Kim said...

Beautiful projects! Love the egg tree.

Barbara Welch said...

Lisa, I love your projects, great job showcasing this set.

Bea from France said...

I loooooove your Easter basket!!!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Good heavens, Lisa, could your creations be any more beautiful? I am swooning over your cherry blossom card. . . .

Tanya Boser said...

OK, that cherry blossom card is gorgeous! And what a great idea for a little treat basket with the Box #2 die!! You never cease to amaze me Lisa :)

Sarah said...

LOVE that egg tree...in fact I love everything you did - WOW!

Bev Gomez said...

OMG Lisa! What a faaaabulous card your Easter Blossoms card is! Darling Easter basket too! I can't wait till I get mine! Great job and TFS!!

Nicole Kowalk said...

Beautiful projects!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wowza...these are fabulous projects Lisa! Gotta CASE them all! I just knew that branch image was going to make the perfect cherry blossom image. So many, many possibilities in this stamp set. Thanks for starting the creative juices flowing.

Hugs and Happy New Year!

Cori said...

Such fun projects! I love them all!

Cindy said...

The first card is just so elegant and feminine! I'm really trying to resist this stamp set, but I fear resistance is futile. ;-) I "need" that box die, too. Beautiful projects, TFS!!!

Allison said...

Beautiful projects! The first card is my favorite, although it is hard to choose!

Twila said...

Lisa, wow what a beautiful set of projects.

Mickey Roberts said...

Oh my, Lisa, your projects are just beautiful. I especially loved the Springtime card.

Maree said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous and did I mention... gorgeous!Love the card SO much am going to have to CASE it for a later class. TFS :)

Melissa said...

Beautiful work, Lisa! Especially love your card. The cherry blossom stamp is my favorite from the set!

Annie said...

Wow, your first card took my breath away. I'm liking that set more and more just for those flowers on the branch. Beautiful.

Susan B said...

It's time to start my Easter projects and I'd love directions for the basket. Did you post them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...