Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nature Walk and Raspberry Squares "Recipe"

  I know I have been absent for a few days and I apologize. All 3 of my daughters flew in from Ohio and I am just soaking up every minute I can with them. When they say, "mom come....." or "mom do you want to go..." or "mom lets....." I say Yes! But that means I don't stamp, and if I don't stamp, I don't have anything to share. Until now.


 If you are here for my raspberry square recipe from the project found HERE, just keep on reading. It is at the end of today's post.


  I found a moment today to finish a card that I had partially made last week. It uses the stamp set Nature Walk which can be found in the new, upcoming Occasions Mini. It is a beautiful set and has designer paper to match so I am in my glory!
This set comes with a stamp of 5 eggs in a row and seriously that stamp is what drew me in. Ok, the bird did too.....I am such a sucker for birds! But I do love that egg stamp and decided to use it to make the background for my card. To do this, I just used my stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped the eggs over and over. 

   For the focal image, I first stamped the bird, then masked it, and stamped the foliage - super easy! The little strip of designer paper at the bottom is from the matching designer paper called Botanical Gazette. Did I say how awesome this paper and stamp set are?! They are!

Stamps: Nature Walk (Occasions Mini)
Paper: Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory, Botanical Gazette designer paper (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Marina Mist
Accessories: Marina Mist Satin Ribbon, Early Espresso buttons, Linen Thread, Color Spritzer Tool


And now for my raspberry square recipe which really isn't a recipe at all. 
   I used to make them from scratch until I discovered these. They taste just like homemade but are so much easier! 

   Oh and one more thing! Stampin Addicts is having an Occasions Mini Blog Hop, December 31 - January 2nd and I will be one of the participants! I think just about everything in the fabulous new Mini catalog will be showcased. How cool will that be?! So stay tuned for more about that. In the meantime.....

   Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Melannie - Craft Haven Retreats said...

We recently discovered your "homemade" raspberry bars too! They are fantastic and easy! Thanks for the blog hop information for Stampin Addicts. We will check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...