Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Goofy Little Reindeer Gift

   I have always loved those one size fits all gloves. You know the ones. They are inexpensive and come in a variety of colors. I think the reason I love those gloves is because I am constantly losing and/or misplacing mine! It never fails! So I keep several pair around just in case. 

   One day, I was on the web looking for something totally unrelated and I came across a creative way to give these gloves as a gift! The name of the site is Cindy's Candy Creations. It has nothing to do with stamping, just candy. The original idea was 2 separate reindeer, 2 separate gloves and 2 separate candy bars. I combined 2 candy bars and 2 gloves into 1 reindeer. 
   First I wrapped 2 individual candy bars in Chocolate chip cardstock. Then I slipped a glove on the top of each wrapped candy bar. The gloves become the antlers! 

   To hold the 2 candy bars together, I wrapped a piece of crimped white cardstock around the reindeer's head thus giving him a hat. I made sure it was wrapped firmly and only adhered it in the back. You want the gloves to be worn without adhesive all over them!
   You can see from this picture that I used 2 candy bars individually wrapped with cardstock. The ribbon around the bottom keeps the candy bars together plus adds some color!

  The little tag tied around the antlers says Merry Christmas but it could just say To: and From: or whatever you prefer.  I thought these were  a little goofy (in a good way) and cute! Enjoy!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, White, Crumb Cake, Black cardstock
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black marker
Accessories: 1/8" White Taffeta Ribbon, Real Red Striped Ribbon, White Gel Pen, 1/2" circle punch, Wide Oval punch, 3/4" circle punch, Crimper, 1 pair of One Size Fits All gloves, 2 regular size Hershey Bars

There's alot happening in my stamp room  this month - swaps, blog hops, sneak peaks and of course Christmas stuff, so I will post when I can. Stay tuned!

Have a wonderful day. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Kim Score said...

great idea! this will be on my punch inspiration blog post today. TFS!

Tanya Boser said...

Too bloomin' cute! Thanks for another idea to rush out and buy stuff for ;)

Margaret said...

what an adorable idea for the kiddies!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...