Sunday, December 19, 2010

Control Freaks Blog Tour - Occasions Mini 2011 Sneak Peak!

  
  It's time! Yes, it is time for another Control Freaks Blog Tour and do we have some Occasions Mini Sneak Peaks for you! The Tour officially starts tomorrow, December 20th so be sure to check back because you won't want to miss  a thing!
  
   If you arrived from Jen Smith's fabulous blog, Ladybug Stamper, you are in the right place. If you are beginning with my blog, don't worry, you can go full circle by following the links at the end of each Control Freak's post.  Have fun and be inspired!!

   There are several sneak peaks in my projects, all centering around the Occasions Mini stamp set, Clearly for You. This set is so much fun and contains 12, yes 12, different stamps!
   The other sneak peaks? 
1. New Springtime Vintage designer paper - Flowers, stripes, patterns - all in vintage colors and styles
2. Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - I sponged ink over mine to give it even more definition!
3. Vintage Flower Adornments - I used Baja Breeze on my card. They remind me of old jewelry.
4. Ribbon Rosettes - They come in Vanilla and in 3 sizes. The smallest size is what I used for my card. And best of all, these Rosettes can be dyed with a marker or reinker! More on that later!

Supplies for the card:
Stamps: Clearly for You (Occasions Mini) and Word Play
Paper: Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
           Springtime Vintage designer paper (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Occasions Mini), Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Ribbon Rosette (Occasions Mini), Vintage Flower Adornment - Baja Breeze (Occasions Mini)

My next project is all hand made, even the plate! This would make a lovely gift for a friend or loved one. Who doesn't love homemade goodies?!
 First I baked a batch of raspberry squares, packaged them in one of our Large Cello Bags tied at the top with a handmade tag. Then I placed the entire package in a handmade box stamped with the little background stamp from the set Clearly for You, and trimmed with more Springtime Vintage dsp!

   I love raspberries and was so excited to see a raspberry stamp included in the aforementioned, Clearly for You stamp set! I immediately thought of this idea to create my own serving plate. I simply used White Stazon ink and stamped raspberries around the brim of a small, clear, glass plate. Here is a close up - yum!
  My tag is stamped at the bottom with the little background stamp included in the Clearly for You stamp set. Then I added a few strips of Springtime Vintage designer paper plus a stamped, and hand cut raspberry and flower. A piece of new Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon adds a special touch.
 Notice the Ribbon Rosette on the bow! Remember earlier I said these can be dyed? Well this is the medium sized Rosette dyed with Rich Razzleberry ink! I just love the options this presents!!

Supplies for the plate and package of goodies:
Stamps: Clearly for You (Occasions Mini)
Paper: Rose Red and Whisper White cardstock
          Springtime Vintage designer paper (Occasions Mini)
Ink: White Stazon, Black Stazon, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, various SU markers
Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Pear Pizzaz Ribbon, Large Cello Bag, Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon (Occasions Mini), Ribbon Rosette (Occasions Mini), Mini Glue dots, Clear Glass Plate (non SU)

  Well that was fun, and hopefully you had fun too! If you haven't seen what all of the Control Freaks have created for the Blog Tour, be sure to keep on going! You won't want to miss a thing! Uber talented Dawn Olchfeske of DOstamping with Dawn leads the way. 
To continue: either click on Dawn's name (above) 
or on the icon below.
Enjoy!

11 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

Fabulous fabulous projects!! WOW!! and yum... are you sharing the recipe ? :)
Patty

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Awesome projects as always! I really love that stamp set and love what you did with it.

Wendybell said...

Totally fanTAStic, Lisa!! Your card is simply gorgeous, and that cookie bag/box and plate combo is GREAT!! (I say this as 56 bags of cookies are sitting on the table behind me in my craft room ... wanna come over and help me make little boxes to put them in???) And raspberry squares??/ YUM!!! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! I held buying that set because I knew I'd get it at Leadership! You make me wish I had it now to play with! Cookies look wonderful...please sheare the recipe!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

What great projects. I want to get that set (Clearly You) just because LOVE that raspberry stamp! What a cute gift...... and the raspberry bars sound scrumptious!

Jen said...

Great projects! I love how you stamped on the plate.

Collette said...

Love them all ... love that new DP, being the paper junkie that I am ... and the rosettes - super cute! Can't wait

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL projects! Love them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that raspberry stamp and can't wait to order it! Will you please share the recipe...it looks delicious.

Ad K.

Gotta stamp Mary said...

Lisa, I love raspberries, too. Nice job on the plate, bars and matching tag. That's so me, thanks for inspiration. Can't wait to try Stazon White Ink on a clear glass plate. Filled with homemade goodies makes this gift over the top wonderful.

Meg said...

I love the way you stamped on the plate. Did you have to bake it or treat it with something to keep the ink from coming off?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...