Monday, November 8, 2010

Stencil with a Flourish

   For this card I brought out my Flourish Stencil. It makes a wonderful "branch" and I like the soft look that stenciling gives a project. I also like that stencils can be used on paper as well as walls! Once I stenciled my image, I added my punched ornament with the center punched and raised with dimensionals.

  When the Holiday Mini first came out I bought the Black Flourish Designer Jewels but they somehow got buried in a pile of stuff on my work area. I really need to get some more organizational containers! So the other day I was digging through my pile when I discovered the jewels! Poor Jewels. They sat there for months without notice. Now I know black is not a traditional Holiday color but I couldn't resist adding them to this card. First I used a string of them to "hang" the ornament. Then by cutting them apart I added jewels to the center of the ornament. I think it works

  As an afterthought I decided to use a silver Glimmer Brad for the top of the ornament. But first I had to trim the ornament a little to keep the cardstock from showing around the brad. I could have stopped there but I added a Satin Ribbon bow and a white border of trim at the bottom. 

Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Real Red
Accessories: Flourish Stencil, Glimmer Brad, White Satin Ribbon, Black Flourish Designer Jewels (Holiday Mini), Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz die (Holiday Mini), Scallop Trim Border Punch, Ornament Punch, Circle Punch, dimensionals, sponge
  
Hope your week is a good one. Thanks for stopping!
Lisa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...