Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Poinsettias Galore

  Poinsettias in the background, poinsettias in the foreground, poinsettias on the border! Talk about overkill! Lol. 

   My sketch today comes from Stampin Addicts (sketch #75) and is one of many straightforward sketches over there. The details of the sketch can be found by clicking here.
  I began my card with the winter stamp from A Flower For All Seasons stamp set. To create the cluster of flowers and flower pots I did some masking. It was a little tricky eliminating the cardinal each time but I managed with the help of a marker. Let me say I did the stamping with Black Stazon - the marker was for drawing the line on the final stamped image.
  I know you are going to want to know how I made the scallop circle right? Cause the focal image is punched with the new 2 1/2" circle punch and none of our scallop circles really fit. Well I die cut one with the Scallop Circle #2 die then cut the larger of the 2 into fourths. By doing this I could attach one of the fourths at a time, overlapping them to create a smaller scallop circle. You can see 2 of the overlaps in the photo. This will bother some of you I know. Sorry.

  I finally got around to trying out the new Letterpress Plates from the Holiday Mini. This one is called Northern Trim and I'm not sure if the images are meant to be poinsettias but that is what I meant them to be! This was such a fun technique!

Stamps: A Flower For All Seasons
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Vanilla, More Mustard cardstock; Watercolor paper
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black marker, SU markers, Real Red Craft
Accessories: Big Shot, Petal-a-Plenty textured impressions embossing folder, Scallops Circle #2 Bigz die, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Northern Trim Letterpress Plate

I am so glad you stopped by!

3 comments:

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Oh this is so cute. I have the set and completely forgot about it. I think I sometimes get lost in the sauce with all the 'stuff' i have.

Doris said...

What a great way to highlight a small stamp image. Love the way you tied everything together with your variety of poinsettias!

Leigh said...

Lisa, this is a fabulous card. I love it. Fantastic way of making the most out of the image. Must try it myself. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...