I am having so much fun making seasonal boxes with my Big Shot and the Fancy Favor Box die. Today's project is a Santa Box that uses some punches and the Tasteful Trim die. So simple but oh so cute! Can't you just see this filled with treats or a special gift?
Here are the step by step directions for you:
1. Make the Fancy Favor Box from Real Red cardstock (cut and assemble). Set this aside for now.
2. Make the trim from Whisper White cardstock and the Tasteful Trim die.
3. Make Santa's face but do not attach it to the box yet. First cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock
2 1/4" x 3". Then center, and attach a piece of White scallop trim cut (from step 2) to the top of the Vanilla cardstock.
4. Add Black Glimmer brads for the eyes and a Red Glimmer brad for the nose.
5. Cut a 3" piece of the large zig zag trip (from step 2) but cut it so the "valley" is in the center. It will look like a beard. Lightly sponge with Crumb Cake. Put a small piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock behind it to form the mouth. Attach to the face.
6. Make the mustache from the other piece of trim (step 2). I used scissors to shape it. Lightly sponge with Crumb Cake. Attach it to the face.
7, Adhere the face to the front of the box. Then wrap and adhere the Scallop Trim around the top.
8. Punch a circle from Real Red cardstock with the 2 1/2" circle punch and add a snowflake and button to the top of it. Then add that to the front of the box to make Santa's hat.
9. Cut a strip of Real Red cardstock 1" x 11" and adhere to the inside of the box forming a handle.
Note: The snowflake was made with the Big Shot and Northern Frost Decorative Strip.
I will posting the other boxes in the days to come. If you have time, stop back and thanks for peeking in on my today!