Friday, November 19, 2010

Control Freak Blog Tour - Holiday Gifts

Welcome to the November Control Freaks Blog Tour! 
This month's tour features a Holiday Gift and Snow Theme
and officially starts tomorrow, November 20th so be sure to check back. You won't want to miss any of the wonderful ideas and inspiration!

  If you arrived from the talented Patty Bennett's blog: Patty's Stamping Spot, you are in the right place. If you are just beginning the tour with my blog, that's ok because you can complete the Blog Tour by following the links at the end of each Control Freak's post. Enjoy!

   Do you ever need an inexpensive gift for a coworker or acquaintance, or a little something for a stocking? I know I do - every year as a matter of fact! These festive penguins hold a candy bar and are perfect for a generic holiday gift!
The larger penguin contains a large candy bar for those with a sweet tooth. The little penguin is perfect for the smaller appetite and holds a snack size candy bar.
The candy bar just slides out - easy peasy!
I will be posting the complete directions Sunday, Nov. 21, but just in case... 
here are the supplies.
ETA: The tutorial is now available and can be found by clicking HERE.
Stamps: Got Treats
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Real Red
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Die, Northern Frost Decorative Strip, Ovals Original die, Butterfly Punch, Full Heart Punch, Large Oval Punches, XL Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Black Brads, Basic Rhinestone, Silver Glimmer Brad

    Gift cards are so popular these days, and rightly so - they are an easy gift for the hard to buy for people on any list. To make my gift cards extra special, I like to make my own gift card holders. That way the gift is at least somewhat personal!

 The outside of this card looks like a regular Christmas Card, but with the addition of a simple pocket on the inside, it becomes a gift card holder.
   For my focal image I stamped the holly leaves from Bells and Boughs stamp set. Then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped and embossed the Aviary bird cage. I added an extra little sprig of holly to the bird cage and hung it with some Black Flourish Designer Jewels.
  In keeping with the music theme I used the Music Notes Wheel and Early Espresso ink to add a layer of musical notes on Deck the Halls designer paper.
   The inside of the card contains a little pocket for the gift card, a sentiment and a place to write a personal message. Note: The gift card happens to have a stripe on it which makes it look like a package which is purely coincidental! Now I could have just slid the card into the pocket and been done with it but I wanted to make the gift card stand out. To do this, I attached the gift card with a Mini Glue Dot to a tag cut from the Two Tags die. The Glimmer Brad is purely decorative!
This is the back of the gift card which gives a better view of the tag.

Stamps: Aviary, Bells and Boughs (Holiday Mini), Music Notes Wheel
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla cardstock, Deck the Halls dsp (Holiday Mini), and Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versamark, Black Stazon, Early Espresso, SU Markers
Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Mini Glue Dots, Glimmer Brad, Black Flourish Designer Jewels (Holiday Mini), Gold Embossing Powder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon

  My part of the Control Freak's Blog Tour is over and it is time to move on. Your next stop is Wendy Weixler's blog: Wickedly Wonderful Creations where you will be entertained and inspired!
To get there, just click on Wendy's blog's name, or on the Control Freak icon below. 
Have fun! 

32 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

Ok, I am officially totally FREAKING OUT at your amazing projects!!! FABULOUS job, Lisa!!!
Patty

Lisa said...

LOVE, LOVE, Love everything! Can't wait for instructions on the Penguins! Great projects!

Connie Babbert said...

Lisa...these are SO darling!!! Love the penguins and the holiday birdcage!

Cindy Major said...

The card is absolutely stunning, and those penguins are so incredibly sweet! TFS!

Cindy

Elaine said...

Beautiful projects. Can't wait for the tutorial

Stephanie said...

These are the best! The penguins are adorable and while there are lots of gift card examples available, yours is a nifty idea and the card is absolutely gorgeous!

Wendybell said...

Holy COW, LIsa!! Those penguins are ADORABLE (my teenage daughter is gonna DIE when I show them to her!) And I absolutely Love how you made a lovely Christmas cardinal card!! I sooo wanna do this now!! LOVE it!!

Maryellen Webber said...

I love your projects, they really
inspired me to get creative! The
Christmas card is just beautiful,
very unique!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I LOVE your penguin candy wrap! I need to make one for my SIL as she collects penguins AND likes chocolate. Ü

jmniffer said...

I look forward to the tutorial on the penguin candy bar wraps. Thanks for sharing. jmniffer

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow Lisa great projects!! I love your candy bar wrapper. Way cute!

ferrellgraph-x said...

The penguins are just precious!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Love your bird cage card (how can I resist the holly?)--oh, and while I'm here, I'll take a jumbo penguin, please. . . .

Seriously, it's all very striking, Lisa.

Deb said...

Super great projects! I just adore the penguins! Thanks for sharing the instructions!

Wendy J. said...

Lisa, these are fabulous projects! I love your penguin. I was looking for something just like that. Thanks for the idea. And the card is gorgeous! I love it! Great job!

Susan Carlson said...

I LOVE it! I'm gonna have to make some of those penguins right away!!! Love the Christmas bird cage, too!

Miranda said...

Love your projects. The Penguins are sooooo cute!

bronheslop said...

Lisa, these are amazing projects. I love them! Thanks for sharing.

Yapha said...

What fabulous projects!! I love those adorable penguins!!

Patty M said...

Gosh, such cutie penguins! I can't wait until you post the directions! Great job! Patty

Patty M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

You are so outrageously creative! Your projects are just wonderful and very inspiring. LOVE how the gift card pokes out of the last one, looking like a present! Just perfect.

Cindy said...

The penguins made me smile, but that card with the birdcage took my breath away....WOW!

Kay said...

OMWord the penguins!!! Ack!! So stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to seeing the tutorial. :)

Cheryl said...

Lisa,
Love your projects and can't wait for directions to make the penguins. Since taking my grandkids to Moody Gardens to see penguins they are in love with them. I know your project will be a huge hit with them!
TFS,
Cheryl

Maggie said...

omg i just love the penguins, and I have everything to make it..
thank you so much :)
Don't forget to link your projects at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2010/11/irresistible-sienna-chocolate-bronze.html
Have a great weekend,
Maggie

Shelley said...

Fantastic projects! The penguins are my favorite and I can't wait to make some of my own!

Heidi Baks said...

I love how you incorporated a bird cage (and cardinal - who has a cardinal in a cage? My FIL would love one in the Netherlands!) into a Christmas card.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

OH MY GOSH! I love that penguin set! SO COOL!

Tanya Boser said...

OK, where do I start? Everything is so beautiful! That penguin is adorable. I love how you stamped the music over the red paper on the card, and your coloring is beautiful!

nitestamper said...

Fantabulous job!!!!
I really love the card/gift card that I just have to cased it today!!!
tfs:)

Gift Basket Online said...

Wow Its really nice post. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing information with us.
Its just fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...