Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas Collage and a Tree

   Remember this card that I made using Christmas Collage stamp set? Well this stamp is so easy and so fun to use I made a similar card but simplified it enough to be used as a workshop Make and Take.

   The background is sponged, just like my original, but Instead of the cardinal as the focal point, I used the tree from Lovely As a Tree stamp set. Don't you just love that tree, especially for Christmas cards?!
  To dress it up a little, I punched the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch, added Dazzling Diamond Glitter, a Basic Rhinestone, and a bow made from Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon. 

  I wasn't feeling brave enough to stamp the saying directly onto the background, so I used my trusty punches instead! I figured the ladies at my workshop probably would appreciate not having to stress out over that too. They had enough stress with tying the bow! *smile*.

Stamps: Christmas Collage - Holiday Mini
               Lovely As a Tree
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla cardstock
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, More Mustard
Accessories: Sponge, Basic Rhinestone, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Ticket Corner Punch, Word Window Punch, Oval Punch, Dazzling Diamond Glitter

Hope you have a wonderful stamping kind of day!

4 comments:

Doris D. said...

Oooh! I love this collage card. Just beautiful.

Kathy Martin said...

Your card is so elegant and I love the tree image! :)

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

OMG just love your collage card. I never remember to sponge the DSP. So pretty.

JulieA said...

Wow, that really is a gorgeous Christmas card! Never thought to put the tree on top of the Dec 25 area. Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...