Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Owl Treat Container

  I have been getting some treats together to send to my daughters for Halloween. I stay pretty low key for this holiday even though I love seeing what other stampers make! Today's project is a container of candy with a decorated lid and a hanging tag. I purchased the clear plastic container already filled with candy and sealed up so I just decorated the lid and added a "tag". I don't have much by way of Halloween supplies so I make due with what I do have!
   I put my Circle Scissors Plus to good use for this project! 
For the lid I cut circles from Peach Parfait designer paper and Early Espresso cardstock. Then I punched out my owl using the 2 Step Owl Punch and perched him on a branch done with the 2 Step Bird Punch. Lastly I wrapped some Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon around the edge of the lid.
   I was going to stop with just a decorated lid but then I decided to add a door hanger type of tag for something different and something more. Once again I used my Circle Scissor Plus and cut the holes in my designer paper and cardstock. The sentiment tag comes from the hostess stamp set called, Afterthoughts. I love this saying cause my girls don't always like to share their chocolate. Gee I wonder where they get that from? lol.
   I punched the sentiment using the Decorative Label Punch found in the Holiday Mini. The layer behind it is just another label that I punched and cut in half so it only shows on the left and the right but it is just enough contrast to set it off. And to set it off even further I added my new favorite embellishment - Glimmer Brads! Finally, I placed a knotted piece of Daffodil Delight Satin ribbon in the corner and hung a Mini Vintage Tag from it. 

  It is always fun to take a store bought, pre packaged, container and just by adding handmade tags and embellishments turn it into a darling gift! 

Stamps:  Afterthoughts (hostess) and Tiny Tags - for the "Boo"
Paper: Early Espresso, Garden Green, Basic Black and White cardstock
          Peach Parfait designer paper - Hostess Pack
Ink: Early Espresso and Peach Parfait markers
Accessories: Circle Scissors Plus, 2 Step Bird Punch, 2 Step Owl Punch, Corner Rounder punch, Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Glimmer Brads, Mini Vintage Tag

Have a glorious day! Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How cute! I love that you made it stand alone, too.

Doris D. said...

What a clever idea. And so pretty. They will love it.

Kathy Martin said...

Such a cute and creative tag for that jar! :)

Dawn said...

Such a cute idea! I have a bunch of little jars from Ikea, I'm going to have to case this on them!
TFS
Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...