Monday, October 11, 2010

A movie and a card

   Happy Columbus Day! If you are lucky enough to have the day off - enjoy! I know I will be! 

Actually I had a wonderful weekend. David and I went to see the new movie, Secretariat, on Friday night and it was such a good movie. I remember watching him (he's a race horse) win the 3 races of the Triple Crown so the movie was especially poignant to me. Plus it was fun seeing the 70's play out on a movie screen. Did I really wear clothes like that?? 

 The rest of the weekend was filled with stamping, church, and catching up with old friends. During the stamping part I made a few cards, today's being one of them. I used the sketch found 
HERE at Create with Connie and Mary. I loved the sketch - I think cause it is square and for some reason I love square cards!
  I used textured cardstock for the base and then added a layer using a scallop square cut with my Big Shot and the Clear Scallop Square die. For the flowers I used Growing Green stamp set. They are embossed in black and colored with reinker and an Aquapainter. I added a Basic Pearl to the center of each flower as well as a strip of pearls on the ribbon for a little extra something. The leaves are also die cut with the Little Leaves Sizzlit.

   The sketch calls for a sentiment and I couldn't decide what would look best. I usually reach for "Thank You" because I send alot of those but I just wasn't feelin' the love for a thank you card. Then I thought about "Thinking of You" but couldn't find one to satisfy me. So I took a different approach and went through my stamps until I found a font I liked! Crazy I know but that is exactly why I chose the sentiment stamp that I did. It really helps to have alot of those kind of stamps hanging around. lol.

  Then after I stepped back and looked at the card I decided it needed something in the upper left corner so I added a Black Glimmer Brad. Those brads are awesome and I am hoping Stampin' Up! keeps them coming. The size, the glimmer, and the color choices make these a really fun embellishment.

Stamps: Growing Green and On Your Birthday
Paper: Pretty in Pink textured cardstock, White, Basic Black and Pear Pizzazz cardstock
           Play Date designer paper
Ink: Pretty in Pink and So Saffron ink refills
      Versamark and Basic Black
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Glimmer Brad, Big Shot, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Clear Scallop Square bigz die, Aquapainter, Black Embossing Powder

Thanks for stopping by.  

8 comments:

Deb said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and how you cut out all those flowers. I know that takes time but it sure does look super! Thanks for playing in the Create with Connie and Mary challenge!

Stacey Schafer said...

so beautiful, Lisa!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty! Love the pearl centers of your flowers! :)

Mary Brown said...

Oh my...oh my...this is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along with week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Carrie Gaskin said...

WOW - this is just so lovely. I love the colours you've chosen!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flowers and how you used the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL! This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Elaine said...

Wow! Beautiful card. I'm following your blog now!
http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...