Monday, October 18, 2010

The Loss of a Pet

  The loss of a pet is not easy, especially if he/she has been part of the family for a long time. I know this from my own experience and my brother knows it too. He has lost several dogs and last week their big lab mix suddenly passed away. It was very traumatic for the family, especially his wife so I made them this card.
It is simple but says it all. I stamped the dog first and then masked him before I stamped the tree. And if you look closely you can see that I added a little bit of white to the dog's chest and paws with the Signo Gel Pen - perfect for highlights or adding white to a dark color.

Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers and D is for Dog 
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Vanilla cardstock
          Woodland Walk designer paper
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Clear Circle die, Natural Twine, Vanilla Brads, Library Clip, Signo Gel Pen

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will stop back again  I have been invited to participate in the Control Freak's Blog Tour on Wednesday the 20th! The theme is the Holidays and will include some favorite (and very talented) stampers! Should be a good one!!

5 comments:

Heide said...

What a great card for the loss of a pet. Great saying too!

mauistamper said...

Oh Lisa, this is a perfect card for them. What a great image to remind them of their lab.

Anne

Lisa said...

My little poodle died last year of kidney failure. He was with us for 11 years. I think that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do...put him to sleep. I feel for your brother's family and this card will mean the world to them!

Cheekie's Ink Pad said...

This is a very nice card for a pet loss. They are just like family in my family. Every loss is very traumatizing. I always try to send a sympathy card for the loss of a pet. Great job!

Yapha said...

Such a lovely card. So nice. These are great images together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...