Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Joy of Coffee

   Most of you know by now that I have 3 grown daughters, all living in Ohio, as opposed to living here in Massachusetts. And when I say grown, I mean they are all in their early twenties, and on their own, and out of college, and working.

   It's the working part that is finally starting to hit my two youngest at least. They have always worked, but now they each have a job that requires them to rise early - emphasis on early! It makes me smile. And in order to cope with these early hours (6 am), they have discovered the joy of coffee! 

   So when Bethany, my middle child, told me she just bought herself a coffee pot so she can save money (apparently she was stopping along the way to work and buying her coffee), I made her this card!
  I used the stamp set, Morning Cup and first stamped the coffee pot on Brushed Silver cardstock. I then used a Basic Black Marker and colored in the base and top of the coffee pot. The coffee cup was stamped on Watercolor Paper and colored with Markers. I cut both of these out and adhered them to a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was punched with our new 2 1/2" Circle Punch.

   The new Tasteful Trim die and some Basic Rhinestones made a nice border down the side of the card. Notice how I trimmed off about 1 1/2" from the front right side of the card - just for something different. I also added some Itty Bitty punched flowers with Rhinestone centers for tone on tone accents across the front. Tone on tone is very popular right now.

   My daughter loved this card and has it hanging on her refrigerator. It's always fun to make a card with someone specifically in mind and this was definitely one of those cards!

Stamps: Morning Cup
Paper: White, Poppy Parade, Watercolor Paper, Brushed Silver cardstock
           Poppy Parade designer paper (hostess pack)
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black and Poppy Parade markers
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, 2 1/2" Circle punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Tasteful Trim Bigz die, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper tief

3 comments:

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

I just love that stamp set; and sooooooooo true, at least for me.
Your daughter will surely get a chuckle from it, and I'm sure she will love it's motherly (you're all grown up and purchasing appliances) meaning too. So cute.

Tinkerin In Ink said...

I LOVE this card!! What a great idea to stamp the coffee pot on the brushed silver card stock. And the rhinestone on top totally reminds me of the percolator we had growing up. I used to make Butternut brand coffee for my Dad every weekend morning in that thing. Ahhh fond memories... And a perfect use for that piece of DSP!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Beautiful card! Love the rhinestone for the coffee pot lid knob. Love how you did the pot itself. Really cute story too. Don'tchya love it when the "grown up" kids figure out life can be, well, let's just say, challenging. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...