Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Perfect for a Collage

  I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day. I know I did! I "labored" with my stamps. Ha! I would hardly call that labor. I was able to stamp a few things - see what you think of this one.  

  The Holiday Mini stamp set called French Foliage, is perfect for a collage. Remember a few years back when collage style stamping was so popular? I loved it cause it is so easy to do and you really can't mess it up! 
  All I did was take the images, and a clear block, and stamped them randomly across my cardstock. I used the clear block just as I did with THIS CARD except I just inked it up and stamped it here and there in my collage. Then I sponged the edges. I also stamped the cardstock base with one of the images from the set - just to give it that little extra something!

  The sketch is once again from the fabulous stamping site, Stampin Addicts. Seriously folks I hope you try some of their challenges!

  The focal point was easy. It is just a leaf stamped in Tangerine Tango and More Mustard. I then sponged a little right over the top and added a saying from the set, Thank You Kindly. You could leave it sayingless (I don't think that is a word. lol) and that would be fine too.

  Now comes my moment of indecision. The sketch called for a horizontal rectangle so I added a strip of retired Tangerine Tango ribbon that I sponged with More Mustard to soften its look. But I am not loving the ribbon. What do you think? Should I have used cardstock? Opinions are welcome!

Stamps: French Foliage - Holiday Mini
            Thank You Kindly
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, More Mustard and Vanilla cardstock
Ink:      Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, Concord Crush
Accessories: Dimensionals, Sponge, Tangerine Tango ribbon (retired)

Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

mauistamper said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa, love your autumn colors. Sayingless is certainly a word. I have something of a reputation with my kids for inventing words and convincing them that they are real. One of my daughters didn't realize until college that something she'd said all her life was a "momism". :)

Anne

Doris D. said...

I like your card just the way it is. The collage look is perfect for this card and the ribbon is a plus. Thanks for sharing.

Bev Gomez said...

I love this card and set Lisa!!!Beautiful!!!!!Following you at the SC. check out my blog at www.stampingwithbev.blogspot.com

Bev

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...