Monday, September 27, 2010

I want a red truck

   Recently, David and I have been talking about trading in my old, but still going strong, car for a truck. Back in April we finally said goodbye to our Mini Van and reentered the world of 5 passenger cars. You know, the kind that grown ups without children drive. We miss our van. We miss our children! 

   We miss the cargo capacity of our van so I suggested we trade in my car for a used truck - something small and preferably red! I love red vehicles and a red truck would be perfect for our needs. So we are thinking about it. 

   In the meantime I can make cards that include red trucks such as this one!
   I went with a red truck, and green, Granny Smith apples for something different. Apples don't always have to be red, right? And I'll be sending this to my daughter Bethany, cause she loves Granny Smith apples. 

   The sketch is from Stampin Addicts and can be found by clicking  HERE. 

   The little tag at the bottom of the card was in my stash, complete with linen thread so I just used it as a backdrop for the saying. I love when I find a use for my scraps. 

Stamps: Countryside and Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Vanilla, Watercolor paper, Newsprint designer series paper
Ink: Black Stazon, SU Markers
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice tief, Lots of Tags sizzlit, linen thread, Medium Oval Punch, 1" circle punch, Jumbo Eyelets, Blender Pen, Color Spritzer Tool

Have a wonderful stamping day,

8 comments:

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Love your card and I love the truck. it reminds me of the days gone past..... all good ones.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Beautiful watercoloring!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! I hope you get your red truck soon!

Marie said...

Oh wow - your coloring is FABULOUS!!! Fantastic card!

Adriana Benitez said...

Beautiful coloring and finished card. &Good luck with the truck ;)

Tinkerin In Ink said...

Wow watercoloring! Lots of great texture on this card too. The text paper is a nice touch too. An altogether beautiful card!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Love it! Great coloring, great layout, great texture-love it all!!

Created By You said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Great coloring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...