Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Day of Autumn

  Well it is official. Today is the first day of Autumn which means... sniff....Summer is officially over. Ok I know for some of you it is your favorite season. And because it is the first day of Autumn I made this card.
  With the 2 FABULOUS Autumn stamp sets in the Holiday Mini (Day of Gratitude and French Foliage), and with all of the fun I have been having with them, I seriously forgot about this set! It is Autumn Days and I remember how much fun I had last year with this set. 

   I wanted to try the Color Challenge at Stampin Addicts this week since I haven't participated in that challenge for a few weeks now. The 6 colors, count them six, are:  Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, and Bashful Blue and Vanilla! Quite a list don't ya think?!

   To subtly frame the focal point of the stamped foliage, I used one of my Clear Acrylic Blocks and a Stylus to dry emboss a rectangle. I placed the paper piercing mat under the reverse side of my cardstock. I then placed my acrylic block where I wanted the rectangle and drew around it with the stylus. Next I turned it over and retraced my lines. I think I want to explore this technique further sometime in the future. It has potential!

   My "ribbon" was done with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. To make the "bow" I just cut a smaller piece and bent it to look like a bow. Glue dots kept it in place. 

The saying is from the new stamp set Curly Cute. I just received it last week and I am already loving it.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Autumn Days, Curly Cute
Paper: More Mustard, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Vanilla
Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Stylus, Clear Acrylic Block, Paper Piercing Mat, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Corner Rounder Punch

I just have to say it. "Happy Fall Y'All". Now if you have been with Stampin' Up! long enough, you may remember a stamp set with that name. But that is another story for another time.

5 comments:

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Wow that IS a list of colors, but you put them together beautifully. I really like how you made the wheat become 3D ... so pretty.

Yapha said...

Great use of the colors -- amazed at how perfectly you got the Bashful Blue in there! I love your new embossing technique! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I really love this card. Thanks also for the tip about scoring around a block. Neat! And I really like that you made a bow with the ribbon border punch. Thanks. Julie M.

JulieA said...

I really like this one! You did a great job of using those colors together. Love it!

Sara said...

Beautiful, and great idea to use the blocks for embossing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...