Friday, September 24, 2010

A Favor for a Bride

   One of my coworkers is getting married tomorrow so our department gave her a shower last week! It was a simple - just the staff - get together. I volunteered to make the favors which was no hardship on my part and there were only 30 to make.


   The bride to be is a librarian and is marrying a farmer (of sorts) so my idea was to use the milk carton die as a nod to her fiance and the library clip as a nod to her. Plus, I filled it with chocolate and they love chocolate! 


  Colors: White, Navy and Orange - her wedding colors.
   And here's how I made it:
  • After I die cut the milk cartons with my Big Shot and Milk Carton Die, I spritzed them with Vanilla Smooch Spritz. 
  • Then I wrapped a piece of white embossed cardstock around the middle of the milk carton. This was embossed by using the Elegant Lines textured impressions embossing folder.
  • Night of Navy Scallop Circle was punched and also spritzed with Vanilla Smooch Spritz
  • Peach Parfait Circle punched with a 1 3/8" Circle Punch
  • Presto Patterns paper die cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and sponged with Night of Navy ink
  • I punched flowers from Night of Navy cardstock using the Boho Blossoms punch, adhered them together and added a Basic Pearl.
  • The name tag and "to open" were done on the computer. 
  • Library Clip to close it! Oh, fill with chocolate candy first!
   Now you would think that being a library, everyone would fuss over the library clip or the milk carton, but the thing that impressed them the most was the embossed band around the middle. Seriously! They loved that. 

Yippee skippee it is Friday! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

So cute. I just love that little milk carton die and am always looking for new ways to use it.

I think you put a lot of thought into your project, and I'm sure she'll love it.

Shari Winterstein said...

Very pretty project! I just awarded you the One Lovely Blog award! I love your blog. Thanks for blessing my stamping life. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...