Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day of Gratitude

  I really don't like fall as a rule because it means the end of summer and the end of warm weather. I happen to love warm weather. So while most of New England welcomes the beginning of school, the cool, crisp air, the leaves turning color, I am longing for the heat and the beach. Ha. 

   Why am I telling you this? I don't know, I just thought you'd like to know. No seriously, I am just telling you this cause the one thing that I do like about the fall is the beautiful stamp sets that herald in this time of year. Such is the case with the set, Day of Gratitude, from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I showed you a card found HERE that uses the large stamp in a non-traditional way. Today's card is much more traditional.

   The designer paper is Autumn Spice from the Holiday Mini and coordinates with the Day of Gratitude stamp set. To get the multi-colors in the stamped image I used my markers and then punched the image out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. See the coppery looking brads? They are the new Glimmer Brads from the Holiday Mini and if you love glitter and sparkle - they fit the bill perfectly!! 

  Another new product from the Holiday Mini is the Tasteful Trim Bigz die. Finally we have some cute trims in a larger size. The scallop border across the front was done with the Bigz die and my Big Shot.

  The sketch is from......wait for it......Stampin Addicts. Here is the sketch and it is challenge 67 just in case you go looking for other samples on their site. It is a simple sketch but can easily be "stepped up" with more layers and embellishments!
Stamps: Day of Gratitude - Holiday Mini
Paper: Autumn Spice Specialty designer paper - Holiday Mini
           Old Olive, Early Espresso, Vanilla cardstock
Ink: SU markers - Old Olive, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Decorative Label punch-Holiday Mini
1 3/4" circle punch, Oval punch, Photo Corner Punch, Word Window punch
Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz die (Holiday Mini), Glimmer Brads (Holiday Mini)


And it is Sunday, a day of gratitude for me. I hope you have a blessed day and thank you for stopping in.

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely! Great leaf paper! :)

mauistamper said...

As always, Lisa, you've made a gorgeous card. Come stay with me - we don't do winter here :)

Anne

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Such a pretty fall card. I love the large scallop acent. hmmmm not on my wish list....yet. 8-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...