Sunday, August 22, 2010

You Only Live Once Baby!

   Do ever make a card and step back and say " I LOVE this card!"? Well that is exactly what I did when I made this card. I wanted to make a card for my daughter  - kind of a "cheering her on to have fun while  she can" type of card. So I came up with the idea for today's card. 


   I have been playing with my new things from the soon to be released Holiday Mini Catalog because I am going to be in the Stampin Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop on Friday, August 27 - Sunday, August 29. More on that later! This little guy on his toboggan was fresh on my mind. He is one of the stamps in the upcoming set, Merry Crittermas so consider this a SNEAK PEAK! Add to that the One Layer Wednesday Challenge found HERE, is to make create a scene (the landscape type, not the tantrum type. Ha Ha). 
   How did I do it? Glad you asked! 
First I stamped the bunny on the white cardstock. Next I created a mask by stamping again on a piece of paper and cutting it out. I placed that over my stamped image and went on to create the mask for the hills of snow.

  The hills of snow were made using another item from the Holiday Mini Catalog - the Tasteful Trim Bigz die. In this case I die cut the large rick rack and used it for a mask by placing it at an angle on my cardstock. I then sponged Baja Breeze ink over it, and over the mask of the bunny on the toboggan. When I pulled off both masks I had my hills of snow and a bunny tobogganing down them! I just used a blender pen and ink to add color to the bunny.

   The saying is from the current Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I just used a marker to ink the words I wanted. It worked perfectly with the concept of the card - take a risk, have fun, you can do it!

  If you like this cards come back sometime between Friday, August 27 and Sunday, August 29th. I have some other Holiday Mini projects to show you! And so do 22 other talented and creative stampers on the Stampin Addicts Blog Hop! I know that is a long time to wait so I have some random projects to show you in the meantime. I was a busy stamper this weekend!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral and Merry Crittermas (Holiday Mini)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
        Basic Black Marker
Miscellaneous: Blender Pen, sponge, Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz die (Holiday Mini)
   
Have a blessed day - what's left of it!

5 comments:

Kara said...

this is so cute!! love that bunny flyin' down the hill!!

Susan said...

Absolutely adorable!!! LOVE it!

Cheekie's Ink Pad said...

This card made me smile & I sure needed it too! Thank you for your share that made my day!

Carol said...

What a fun card! I bet your daughter loved it! Just adorable!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a cute card! I keep trying to talk myself out of buying this set, but I think you've changed my mind with this card...LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...