Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hello! How About a Cup of Tea?

   Today's featured stamp set is the individual stamp called Tiny Teacup. I love that Stampin' Up! offers these single stamps now! This one caught my eye because even though it is labeled as a teacup it can be a vessel for coffee, hot chocolate, soup, whatever you want it to be. Hmmmm. Chicken soup for a Get Well Card. I feel an idea beginning to form. Lol!

  And... if you notice the "hello" image is far enough away(on the stamp) from the teacup image that it can easily be inked separately. Same goes for the teacup! 

   I combined 2 challenges today. The color challenge can be found here at Colour Q.
   The sketch is another great one from Stampin Addicts!

And here is my card.
  I thought it would be fun to use the Perfect Polka Dot impressions folder seeing as how there are white polka dots on the teacup. And don't you just love the buttons? I know I do! The only thing is they make me hungry cause they look like candy. Good thing I don't have any kiddos in the house!

A handy little tip: I may have shared this before. Instead of thread or embroidery floss, I cut a thin strip of cardstock, in this case Chocolate Chip, and thread that through the button. Faux thread in every color! 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Tiny Teacup stamp 
  • White, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango cardstock 
  • Real Red, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango ink
  • 1 1/4" Square Punch
  • Square Scallop Punch
  • Scallop Edge Border Punch
  • Perfect Polka Dot tief
  • Big Shot
  • Buttons

Hope you have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful, simple card, but so effective! I love the embossing with your design! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet page! Love how your buttons match your tea cups! :)

Doris said...

Love the way this whole card comes together! And I just ordered those buttons this afternoon to go with the Regals collection I already purchased. (Yum...)

LeAnne said...

This is one of my favorite sets in the whole new catty! LOVE this!!!

Hands On said...

How funny. I had the same thought about these buttons but I just love to use them. They look so fun in all the new colours. Love your card. You are right. The polka dots go perfect with the tea cups!

Mary said...

What a WONDERFUL CAS card! Love the use of the buttons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...