Monday, July 19, 2010

A Day Just for Stamping!

  What a great day I had! My company is gone. David was out of the house and I had the day off from work. I have had this box of new stuff just sitting on my craft table. I haven't been able to even get close to it - and it has been killing me! LOL!

   Sooo I was finally able to break out my new stuff and have fun! And boy did I have fun! I have so much that is new, at first I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I didn't know where to begin so I went to Stamping 411 for a sketch. I can always count on this site for a great sketch! 

Here is the sketch.

And my interpretation.
  A new stamp set, paper, ink, colors, embellishments, and punch. Ahhh it was bliss! 

  The scalloped border is partially covered by the ribbon. What a fun punch the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch turned out to be - and what a mouthful to say. lol! And I really, really love the new Antique Brads! But the biggest surprise to me was how much I love the 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon! I have to be honest I wasn't too excited about the size but now that I have it and have used it - the size is what I love most! I can't wait to get more colors!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Notably Ornate stamp set
  • Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum, White cardstock
  • Blushing Bride designer paper (Hostess pack)
  • Early Expresso ink
  • Early Expresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
  • Antique Brad
  • Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
  • Modern Label punch
  • sponge and dimensionals
It is good to be back in the groove! Thanks for being patient!

6 comments:

Krista Driessen said...

This is so pretty ! Great job !

Tinkerin In Ink said...

I love the ribbon treatment you did under the brad! And you are so right, that is some wonderful ribbon to work with! The Vintage Brads are gorgeous too.

Selene Kempton said...

That is fantastic. Your ribbon is just gorgeous! I'll be trying that for sure!

Kerin said...

This is gorgeous! Love the ribbon treatment, and the pretty color combo too. Thanks for playing along this week :)

Robyn said...

Love what you did with this sketch- you made it look so elegant! The little bird is just the right touch! TFS!

Scrappywonder said...

fabulous! TFS ! R ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...