Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Hummingbird Time!

   Yes it is! I love those little birds and never tire of watching them zip in and out of my flowers and feeders! To me hummingbirds mean summer and I love my summers!! The stamp set I used today happens to be called Spring Song (as opposed to Summer Song) and it is retiring. Sniff, sniff. I will not be parting with this set though cause of the sparrow stamp in this set. I love that little bird!

Oh and by the way. I apologize for being absent from my blog. We were on vacation and then I have been super busy with work and life. But I am back for now!

 And here is my card for today.
  I have always loved this layout and this stamp lends itself perfectly to the circle shape! To make the card I just stamped the image with Stazon, colored with Stampin' UP! Markers and then used the Big Shot and Clear Circle die to cut it out. Easy!
Added details:   
  • The saying is from the set Three Little Words
  • Splatter added with Color Spritzer Tool and Old Olive Marker
  • Vanilla Smooch Spritz sprayed on hummingbird only to give it some shimmer.
  • Dazzling Diamond Glitter is in the center of the flowers.
  • An extra flower, stamped, colored and cut out was then layered onto an Old Olive Flower from Flower Fusion.
  • Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon reversed and folded. I added a punched circle of Old Olive cardstock beneath the ribbon to further accent the flower.
I hope you are enjoying your summer so far! I will be posting more this week so stay tuned! And thanks for hanging in there with my blog while I was AWOL.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Lovely card. The colour combination caught my eye. Beautiful.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the images, the coloring, the lay-out! Perfect ribbon treatment. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...