Monday, May 10, 2010

An Old Fashioned Look

   I am soo late on posting this today and I have no excuse - just being a slacker!

   This card uses Brocade Blue (retiring) and the Elements of Style stamp set (new and fresh) along with the sketch from Stamping 411. The combination of stamps, ink and color gives it an old fashioned "feel" which is what I was going for!

The sketch.

The card.

   To make this card I challenged myself to use all of the stamps in the set. Ok I failed my own challenge cause I left out one of the 2 sayings. I could add it to the inside though! 

  First I stamped the background with White Craft Ink and I really like the look. Then I added some vellum and the stamped white cardstock. To make the bottom part of the stamped cardstock look like the sketch I masked the top part and then stamped. Two rows of paper piercing gave it definition!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Elements of Style - Summer Mini
  • White cardstock
  • Brocade Blue cardstock, ink, and brads - Retiring
  • Close to cocoa ink for sponging- Retiring
  • Vellum
  • Dimensionals
  • Paper Piercer
  • 1 " and 1 1/4" Circle punch
Happy Monday - what's left of it!

6 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I was just thinking of using this set earlier this evening and using the blues and white to make it look like delft china. You beat me to the punch. Just beautiful!

Robin Merriman said...

Honestly - I don't think you can make an ugly card! Your work is always so stunningly beautiful. I just love your attention to detail and all your clean lines. Great job once again! Thanks for sharing with us!

Selene Kempton said...

Wow! This is stunning! I really love it!

Kerin said...

Oh my...this is drop dead gorgeous! I love the blues with just a bit of white...wow :)

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty, love the blues and whites. Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 sketch this week.

Tiffany Bauer said...

Very pretty!! I love how you used this stamp set and and just the one color!! Thanks for playing along this week over at Stamping 411!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...