Monday, May 31, 2010

Not just for birthdays

    I like to get the most mileage I can out of my stamp sets but then who doesn't?! Right? So I combined Sweet Scoops stamp set with the sayings from On A Pedestal stamp set for a non birthday card. I plan on using this as a sort of thank you card!
   Lets start with the background cause I need to explain it. I used the Perfect Details Texturz Plate and my Big Shot. Now this was NOT my original idea. I saw it on another card and I can't for the life of me remember who or where. So I apologize if it's yours!! The combination of creamy caramel cardstock, the Texturz plate and some ink really give the background the look of an ice cream cone. I love it!!

   A scallop border with an overlay of extra long White Satin Ribbon divides the card almost in half. Then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the saying. Pause for commercial. I never used the Stamp-a-ma-jig much but I am REALLY loving that thing. It makes life (and stamping) so much easier because I don't waste cardstock as I keep trying to get my image straight. The SAMJ does it for me!

   The ice cream cone: It is stamped and cut out separately then adhered to my oval. But..... if you look closely it is a glittered ice cream cone! I just coated it with Crystal Effects and loaded on the glitter! That's it.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Sweet Scoops stamp set - Summer Mini Catalog
  • On A Pedestal stamp set
  • Barely Banana cardstock - Retiring
  • Creamy Caramel cardstock and ink - Retiring
  • Pixie Pink ink - Retiring
  • Big Shot and Perfect Details Texturz Plate
  • Dazzling Diamond Glitter and Crystal Effects
  • White Satin Ribbon - Summer Mini catalog
  • Silver Brads
  • Scallop Oval and Large Oval Punches
  • Stamp-a-ma-jig 

Thanks for stopping by!    

1 comment:

Allison said...

Fabulous card! Great way to showcase SU's versatility!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...