Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Little Bit of Stenciling

   I have been loving all of the stenciled cards I have seen on the 'net so I ordered some to try. My first attempt is this card. This is my second attempt and I kept it very simple - the stenciling that is. The rest of the card? Different story. lol. 
   I tried to follow this sketch from Mojo Monday.
 I must confess I am not one to angle elements of my card. I pretty much stay to the oft-time boring, straight lines. So this sketch was good for me to try! I struggled a bit but I like how the card turned out.  

  But back to the stenciling. I used the stencil, Mostly Vintage from the Summer Mini Catalog and placed it on the cardstock in such a way that would complement the button. I sure hope Stampin' Up! doesn't retire the stamp set, Define Your Life. I have really come to love that set!! And we will find out if it stays or goes on June 1st! So stay tuned.

  Notice I used a soon to be retired color - Crushed Curry. I try to use at least one retiring color in every project I post. And the twine I wrapped around the card front. Did you notice that? I just ran some natural twine over and over a Black Stazon ink pad. It gave it a mottled look but I like it! 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Define Your Life stamp set
  • Mostly Vintage stencil - Summer Mini
  • Crushed Curry cardstock, ink and Ribbon - Retiring
  • Basic Black and Vanilla cardstock
  • Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper
  • Black Stazon ink
  • Big Shot and Top Note die
  • Summer Sun Corduroy button - Retiring
  • Natural Hemp Twine
  • Vintage Brads
  • Sponge Dauber
Have a Blessed Day!

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty card and great stenciling! :)

ebeth9267 said...

Everything about this card is perfect!
Thank you for the inspiration

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...