Thursday, May 13, 2010

Brads Galore!

 In my never ending quest to use up my retiring embelishments and cardstock I present today's card.
The color combination is from the challenge found at Stacy's Stamping Stage. I switched out Tangerine Tango since it will be returning, and added Really Rust, a retiring color. Summer Sun and Bordering Blue will be going bye bye too.



Here is my card.
The idea to add the brads streaming from the butterfly is not my original idea. I got the idea from        Kay Kalthoff, an incredibly talented stamper. Her card can be found HERE. The only difference is I used brads instead of half pearls. Check out her card. It is beautiful.

   Now I know some of you are thinking this card used alot of brads and buttons - and you are right!! But I made it knowing I would be sending it to someone who would recycle all of the brads and buttons! Waving hi to Carol - the card is on its way!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Simple Friendship and Sincere Salutations stamp sets
  • White and Shimmery White cardstock
  • Really Rust, Summer Sun, Bordering Blue ink- Retiring
  • Really Rust, Summer Sun, Bordering Blue cardstock - Retiring
  • Really Rust designer paper - Retiring
  • Black Stazon ink
  • Silver Brads
  • Summer Sun Corduroy Brads - Retiring
  • Aquapainter
   Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Melissa C. said...

One word...gorgeous!

Rochelle said...

Love the little line of flowers and the butterfly in blue!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't dream of dismantling a card so beautiful! But I love the idea of using the embellishments again. Thanks for sharing. Alene

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love how you've added the flight swirl to the butterfly with those silver brads! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Stacey Schafer said...

so wow-ed by this one! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Sue Kohler said...

wow! what a stunning card, the flowers are gorgeous and really set the crd off!! thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, what a great card & design!! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xxx

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love all the corduroy brads!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...