Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's Good to Dream

   Today's post is another card design that has been floating around in my head for a few weeks. I had seen these rolled paper flowers in a craft magazine and just had to try them myself! They were easier than I thought! For the background, I used the stamp set Razzle Dazzle because I felt the main image complimented the rolled paper flowers.
   First I made the flowers using the same piece of Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper. I punched 3 circles with my 1 3/4" circle punch from 3 different areas of the dsp. Then I cut the punched circle into a spiral, rolled it up and adhered it with crystal effects. The 3 flowers look different from each other, color-wise, because of the different coloration in the piece of dsp and one of the flowers was rolled with the opposite side of the paper facing out. Hope that makes sense.

   Once the flowers were made the rest of the card fell into place. I just used the colors in the designer paper - Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo! To get the 3 colors on the main image I did not use markers (Shocking I know!)! I used stamp pads, adding ink randomly to the image beginning with Crushed Curry cause it is the lightest color. And all of those little speckles? They were made with a Rich Razzleberry marker and the Color Spritzer Tool

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Razzle Dazzle stamp set
  • Vanilla cardstock
  • Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper
  • Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo ink
  • Big Shot and Swirls and Scribbles Sizzlit
  • Corner Rounder, Scallop Oval, Large Oval punches
  • Color Spritzer Tool
  • Vintage brads
  • Rhinestone brads
  • Sponge and dimensionals
It promises to be a gorgeous day here in Massachusetts! Hope it is gorgeous where you are too! And I hope you are enjoying the weekend regardless!

7 comments:

Anne Laflamme said...

this is faboulous... wow... I love it

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!
Kim

mauistamper said...

Lisa, you're in MA? My daughter is at Tufts...small world.

Love this card and thanks for the instructions on the flowers. They sound easier than smushing and crushing all those circles. My fingers really hated me after that basket.

Beautiful card.

Anne

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! Love those flowers you made.

Donna said...

WOW. I love this card. It has a very unique design. You do beautiful work. Thanks for the tutorial.

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love this idea! Such dimension!

Julie Marshall said...

Beautiful card...and so unique. I love it! TFS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...