Thursday, April 15, 2010

Awash with Pink and Sahara

  Do I choose Clear Mount or Wood Mount? That is a good question. Of course it is a personal choice but there are some things to consider when making the choice. One of the things I consider is placement of the image when stamping. And for the Two Step stamp set, Awash With Flowers, placement is important. An added bonus to clear mount is the way certain images, such as flower stems, can be bent when mounted to the clear block! That is what I did with this card.
   After I stamped the images I used SU markers to add and blend the color. Then I added some Dazzling Diamond Glitter for some sparkle! And now I have a confession.

   See that big flower on the left? Look closely. Can you see the smudge of black ink in the center? I did that - not on purpose of course! I pressed the stamp too hard into the Black Stazon stamp pad and the rubber in the center of the stamp picked up black ink. Then when I stamped I got this ugly smudge of black ink on the Watercolor paper. Oh boy that really annoys me when I do that! 

    I was going to stamp another flower, color, cut it out, and adhere it right over my original stamped image but I thought, "Hey this can be a teaching tool!" So, DO NOT DO WHAT I DID!! When using these outline stamps with a large inside area, be careful not to press too hard into the stamp pad. The End.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Awash With Flowers - April promotion
  • Three Little Words stamp set
  • Regal Rose, Rose Red and Sahara Sand cardstock
  • Watercolor paper
  • Thoroughly Modern designer paper
  • Black Stazon ink and Sahara Sand ink
  • Various SU markers and blender pen
  • White Satin Ribbon
  • Tag punch and Button
  • Dazzling diamond glitter
  • Big Shot and Clear Circle die
That's it for today!

10 comments:

Karin Menghini said...

Another spectacular card!

Dawn Dickinson said...

Beautiful card - one of the best I've seen with this set!

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hi....I just found your blog from SCS....You do WONDERFUL work!!! I'm be checking back often!!!

Christy Fulk said...

I just saw this card on SCS, and wanted to check out your blog. I love it! I'll be coming back often!

mauistamper said...

Oh Lisa, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way you framed the larger flowers with the smaller flowers!

Anne

CRYSTAL said...

Oh my word. This is insane beautifulness! :) LOVE it!

Jen Timko said...

This is just gorgeous! Love it!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Gorgeous card! Love it! Good point about the clear-mount stamps! Jeannie
p.s. You don't need to admit to the mistake on that flower -- adds "authenticity" to it I think!

Doris said...

What a beautiful card--and I never even noticed the smudge until you mentioned it! (Looks like shading...) First time visit to your blog, but I'll be back!

Julie Marshall said...

Fabulous card! Love the DSP combo you used here and the colors. TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...