Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simply Sweet Pea

  I love the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt flowers from the Occasions Mini. They add so much texture and dimension to a project! I wanted to use them, and them alone, on a card so I made this simple card. I did cheat though and added a saying!

   I used this week's sketch from the tremendously talented Karen Giron's blog, the sweetest thing. 

  The card is sized to fit in a regular letter envelope (not business letter). It is just a white card base with white squares that are raised up with dimensionals. I added another smaller square with the saying on it - also raised up with dimensionals. I should add that the saying is from 2 stamp sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes and Whimsical Words (Sale-a-Bration).

   The ribbon is the awesome satin ribbon from the Occasions Mini and I did it in 2 parts. The first is just the ribbon wrapped around the card. The bow was made separately and attached with Crystal Effects. A little tiny Sweet Pea Stitched felt was added to its center. 

   I added a little row of pierced holes beneath the bow - just for fun.

Here is a flat view . You can see how the squares are raised up.
All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
  • Whimsical Words stamp set - Occasions Mini
  • Whisper White cardstock
  • Basic Brown ink
  • Sweet Pea Stitched Felt - Occasions Mini
  • Pink Satin Ribbon - Occasions Mini
  • Paper Piercing tool
  • Dimensionals
  • Crystal Effects
I hope you have a great day. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

great card! I love the flowers!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love those felt flowers!! Great job with the sketch!

♥Lea

CRYSTAL said...

Oh, this is adorable. Love the different size, love the triple panel, love the sweet pea felt doubled up in the middle! :) tfs

Ret said...

I just love this simply gorgeous card!! Everything about it is a winner! Beautiful!

Stacey Schafer said...

adorable! love the felt flowers on this clean & simple layout:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...