Sunday, March 21, 2010

Of The Earth

   My aunt has been going through a rough time and I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her. I looked through my cards and I have LOTS of thank you cards but not one "thinking of you"! So I got right on it and made a card just for her! Here it is.
   I went to my favorite Stamping website, Stampin Addicts to see if I could use this week's sketch and it was perfect because I needed something straightforward and simple. This is the sketch.
  I probably need to explain my card a little. I recently got the Hostess set, Of The Earth. The funny thing is, when I first received my catalog way back in July, Of The Earth was the hostess set I loved the most! I think it was the little bird image of course!! Anyway I don't know why I didn't choose it first, or second, or third! But I have it now and that is what matters.

  So back to the card. I stamped the flower over and over at various heights on the Regal Rose cardstock. I then added the ribbon and white cardstock with brads and the saying. For the main image I used my markers. Can I just say again "I love my markers"!! Thank you. I feel better now. lol. 
   I markered up the image, stamped, and stamped again. Then, if you look closely you can see that I added some extra flowers which I had stamped and cut out. I placed one flower off the edge of the cardstock just for fun. I also stamped and cut out an extra butterfly which I adhered to the first one. This gave it some added dimension.
   There you go. You can see how I added the extra flowers and butterfly and raised up my focal point with a double layer of dimensionals.
   I have to admit that I struggled with the upper left corner. Do I leave it bare, add a button, bend this corner too? What should I do?? I ended up leaving it blank and it works I think.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
  • Of The Earth - Hostess stamp set
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
  • Regal Rose and White cardstock
  • Regal Rose ink; Regal Rose, Rose Red, Old Olive, Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue markers
  • Rose Red double stitched grosgrain ribbon
  • Bashful Blue brads
  • sponge and dimensionals
Happy Spring by the way! And thanks for stopping by! If you have time, leave a comment - I love your feedback.

8 comments:

bettystamps said...

This is beautiful! Your aunt will love it.

Kay Kalthoff said...

Lisa, this is absolutely LOVELY! I really like the way you nestled the sentiment into the ribbon and bannered the sides - that is a great touch!
Kay

Kathryne said...

The card is beautiful and I think you are right the left corner works perfectly just the way it is. Sometimes there is such a thing as TOO much! Your card is perfectly amazing!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Wow, I LOVE how you used that stamp set! It's so beautiful! I especially love how you did your butterfly! Great card!

Shari Winterstein said...

I really like this card. Very striking in color and design. Thanks for blessing my day! :)
ShariW
southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot.com

Sherri Gamblin said...

This is really nice. It is a cheery "thinking of you" type card. I hope it makes your Aunt smile.

Love the curled, distressed corner on the focal piece.

CRYSTAL said...

Oooh, this is beautiful! Love the pretty colors, sponging at the edges, and the lifted butterfly! :) tfs

Rita said...

Amazing! I am hostess at my stamp club this month and now I know what set I'm going to pick as my hostess reward. This is just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...